MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Restoring a backup of MyPlaza not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I am probably doing something wrong here but I'm going to ask anyway.

I'm still considering myself new to the whole Mybb thing and I have the MyPlaza plugin installed on one of my sites.

I got a whole mess of custom images made for it and had it set up, but the whole theme thing is new to me and I have been tweaking my site to get the right look - like a million times lol.

Anyway, I realized when you install a new theme, you need to deactivate the plugins. Not a problem on any of them until you hit the MyPlaza. Aww

The first time, dopey me didnt' bother to look to see if there was a backup feature on it. So I wound up manually configuring it all over again.

The theme I was fiddling with I wound up hating. So.. lol I whipped up a new one.

This time I found the backup of the Plaza. GREAT! I say to myself.

So I backed up three separate times. I got the whole look of the site all set up and I'm all kinds of confident that Im going to be OK and not have to input all that info again.

Well. Apparently I am either doing something wrong or I can't back up and restore due to the fact it just doesn't do that. Frown

Here's what happens, step by step (hope all the details are helpful!):

find the Maintenence link for MyPlaza > click it

Here I have all the backup and what not. OK fine I click on MP backup in the first box. It saves as a gz file to my hard drive where i want it.

I go and deactivate.
I reactivate.
Then go back to the MP area, do the basics that I need and then go back to the Maintenence link and use the second box and restore via the [what seem to be] simple process.

Once I click OK the page goes white and nothing happens or has happened. Check the plaza.... nada. Zip. Nothing.

I go look at the Adv.Module Backups link.

There shows no backups in there. NOTHING.

Is it not as simple as the above?
Where should I have saved the gz file?
Should I unzip it?

Is there a tutorial someplace on backing up the MP? If not maybe there should? I would be happy to write one for you if you want once I get this back!
OK found the latest version, upgraded to v 5.3

Same problem on backing up.

Found the Template handling instructions bit in the readme. I'm sorry, but I do not understand that stuff at all!

I figure it's what I need to do and that's what you're going to tell me? If so, would you please explain it in a way that a dummy can understand it? I just don't understand the 'language' and what it means.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
There were a few bugs found in an older version of the backup system.

If, all you need is for MyPlaza to be able to work with multiple themes, edit /inc/myplaza/myplaza_install.php and change the MYBB_REPLACE_TEMPLATES part, from the number '1' to '-1'.
Make sure you deactivate MyPlaza before doing this!

As for restoring backups, I can't really do much, unfortunately, if you've used an older version to perform the backup, as it may be stuffed.
You can always perform a database backup instead...

Hope that helps.
Reference URL's