MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Feedback on this site mybbhacks.zingaburga.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some thoughts that I believe might be helpful to boost this site
This site is confusing

I wanted to post a feedback on this site.
I've found
Forum Nobody Uses
but I cannot neither open new topic there nor reply to existing threads
It does not appear closed
All other subforums in 'Old MyBB Hacks Forums' does not appear closed but I couldn't neither open a thread or reply an existing one there

What are closed forums and for whom?

Then I started to search for forum rules
They are not obvious and unsearchable
The on-site and google search did not give any (fast) results
Where are forum rules?

From the start, I wanted to report that when I wanted to reply in mybb.com forums I searched my archives whether I have already created an account there by mybbhacks

This is because I sometimes forget that I already opened an account and after creating a new one getting both banned for duped accs in a forum.

The only Emails (found by mybbhacks) were from this forum
and the latest was:
Quote:
  • from        MyBB Hacks mybbhacks@mailinator.com
    reply-to mybbhacks@mailinator.com
    to         *****@*****.***
    date Wed, May 18, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    subject New password at MyBB Hacks

Banalyst,

Your password at MyBB Hacks has been reset.

Your new password is: ********

You will need this password to login to the forums, once you login you should change it by going to your User Control Panel.

Thank you,
    MyBB Hacks Staff

Well, I spent a few hours trying to login to mybbhacks.com  with this my username and password as well as to request a new one. The latter was possible only through Email and I tried all my emails there

I believe that  Email notifications from http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com should have informed more explicitly about Url and name of this forum!
I tried to update my signature in my profile to
  • Enable my signature in all of my existing posts.
but it is always set back to
  • No action

Again, it is unclear: either I have not enough  posts (and how many?) or it is forum's bug.
No warning message

I fail to find rules either
(01-28-2012 04:03 PM)Banalyst Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I spent a few hours trying to login to mybbhacks.com  with this my username and password
You clearly did not try hard enough.
I've spent months trying to login to mybbhacks.com, but I have yet to succeed.
What do you mean?
I could not understand your humor

I wouldn't even ever have tried were I not confused by email notification from this forum.

And there were no necessity to knock at that site
Well, email notifications could have identified the site for and from which they were sent

Where should I post questions about this site?
Is this proper forum?
I don't understand what you're on about either.  You don't get sent email notifications unless you explicitly asked for one (or someone asked for one on your behalf).

And if you don't know where an email is from, you should be ignoring it - I presume you're new to the internet.

The site is perfect - you don't need to post questions about this site.  PEBKAC
(01-28-2012 05:27 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]I've spent months trying to login to mybbhacks.com, but I have yet to succeed.

Similar to what happened to me. The difference is, I tried to login to mybbhacks.net
Why cannot I "Enable my signature in all of my existing posts"?
Or what does this option tell about?

Update:
Now, as my signature appeared on 10th post I guess it is enabled after 10 posts?
but where could I read about it?

And "Enable my signature in all of my existing posts." still is being reset back to "No action"
Sounds about right.
Congratulations for discovering the hidden switch.
Well, if I´m right there was a bar in the edit signature page that tells you about your signature being hiding.
Reference URL's