MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Installing MyPlaza
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking into installing MyPlaza, but if I'm to do this do I need to remove the MyPS points system, and will this affect any accumulated points?
MYPS and MyPlaza use different fields in MySQL.  I have never tried them together, so I can't guarantee anything.
But I would presume they should work fine together.

If you want, you can copy points over - is that what you're asking for?
If so, after activating both plugins, run the following SQL query:

SQL Code
UPDATE mybb_users SET money=myps

then deactivate MYPS.

I can confirm (from previous experience) that most parts of MyPlaza will work with MyPS... the income module should probably be deactivated if you have both bound to the same fields (as I actually did - php-side editing FTW!), but some modules just will not work properly if that is done.

however, as far as cross-implementation of MyPlaza and MyPS... well, we'd need a plugin for that, but I already have a rough idea of how it would go.
You can get MyPlaza to use MYPS's money column - just edit inc/plugins/myplaza.php
Find the line:

PHP Code:
define('MYPLAZA_MONEY_COLUMN', 'money');

Replace 'money' with 'myps'

Thanks for the help here, sorry for not getting back sooner but I have been fighting off a darned flu bug that's been going around. Frown
Reference URL's