MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Can We Use MyBB Editor For Our XThreads Textarea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this open to questions? If so, why no just use the MyBB message feature, I mean, instead of creating a custom field and do all this to use the editor, why no just skip the field and use the thread message area for the field´s purpose in the first place?
I think that this will be especially handy for things like custom profile fields. I also have a couple of options on my board where on new thread there is an additional text box that does take BBCode - but the post also requires a message, so I cannot use the mybb editor. It's just a nicer experience for users if they can use BB codes from the editor.
I'd presume the main reason to do this is because XThreads' fields are a fair bit more flexible than MyBB fields.
For example, being able to pull them on the forumdisplay page, ability to apply custom display formattings, filters etc.
(04-11-2012 01:42 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this open to questions?
Yep Smile
(04-11-2012 01:42 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]why no just use the MyBB message feature, I mean, instead of creating a custom field and do all this to use the editor, why no just skip the field and use the thread message area for the field´s purpose in the first place?
And how you load it to forumdisplay page?
If I can do that by using XThreads, why I need to install another plugin for that?
Actually, using XThreads textarea will give me a better controls.
Oh yes, I forgot about the forumdisplay, you are right. But what about showthread?

When talking about data that is or at least we only want it to be visible from the showthread area. Would it be better to use the default message textarea?
Depends if you want to make use of the additional XThreads thread field settings.
If not, then you should probably use the stock message field.
Thank .
Reference URL's