MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Can I make a hidden input field which is not seenable in the HTML source code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I make a hidden input field which is not seenable in the HTML source code?

Cause I need to do so that there is a hidden input field, which include some unique informations about the user, I have done so that the informations automatically is set by the default value.

But my currently problem is that I want to do so that the input field is hidden, and can not be seen in the database.
What's the info for?

Are you sure you want to do this?
(05-17-2012 05:34 AM)Topper Wrote: [ -> ]not seenable in the HTML source code?
(05-17-2012 05:34 AM)Topper Wrote: [ -> ]can not be seen in the database.
(05-17-2012 06:33 AM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]What's the info for?

Are you sure you want to do this?
(05-17-2012 05:34 AM)Topper Wrote: [ -> ]not seenable in the HTML source code?
(05-17-2012 05:34 AM)Topper Wrote: [ -> ]can not be seen in the database.

Ohh. I meant, it should only be seenable in the database. Smile

It is a unique generated number which I need to get into the database with that thread.

But i don't want to show the input field in the HTML, it should be 100% hidden, cause users may not be able to see it or change it anyhow.
Rather vague what you want, but if you believe that's the only way to do things, you could write a plugin which force overwrites an input with your special value.
(05-17-2012 12:38 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Rather vague what you want, but if you believe that's the only way to do things, you could write a plugin which force overwrites an input with your special value.

Would you be willing to do that for a payment?
I don't take arbitrary requests.
Though a feature I was planning for the next major release _may_ solve your issue.
No promises or anything though.
(05-18-2012 08:06 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]I don't take arbitrary requests.
Though a feature I was planning for the next major release _may_ solve your issue.
No promises or anything though.

Okay.

When might the next version come out?
Some time before 2050.
Reference URL's