MyBB Hacks

Full Version: User specific threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I asked this question on the myBB forum and was directed here by Leefish. I am currently running MyBB 1.6. As of now, I am aware that you can setup user permissions to only see their own posts. However, I am trying to utilize MyBB as a client portal for some of my clients, and I am trying to make it so that I can post threads in which only they can see.

Is there a way using Template Conditionals that I could post a thread only visible to specific users?

For example, I could post a project thread that would display details of a project. I would only want a specific user to see it. Almost like setting up permissions but by user instead of group.

I have the most recent version of Template Conditionals installed.
Nope.

But I have a feeling that this is more appropriate as a private message?
What if, just thinking, you create a thread field to insert a comma separate list of users that can see any thread.

Then, you edit the core file to block any user that doesn't meet that list.
(06-28-2012 02:08 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Then, you edit the core file to block any user that doesn't meet that list.
Just have fun with doing that...
I think maybe MyBB is just not a good system for what is essentially a ticketing interface.
Reference URL's