MyBB Hacks

Full Version: powered by error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey can mybb do this...

if someone delete this code in footer, it will be show an error that say

PHP Code:
{$lang->powered_by}

"you cannot delete powered by in footer template"

that will be nice if you help me

The whole concept of doing this sounds silly.
If you don't want someone to remove it, don't stick it there in the first place, though it's not like you can stop someone determined anyway.
i make this in index.php

PHP Code:
 if ($lang->powered_by) {
	  $powered_by = ' <a href=\"http://www.mybb.com\">{$lang->powered_by} MyBB Group</a>';
      }
      else {
        echo 'You cannot delete powered_by from footer template.';
      }

but this not working..any suggest?

Of course it won't because you're doing absolutely nothing to check the actual footer template.
Also you're doing very little to integrate into MyBB at all - for example, MyBB doesn't really use echo anywhere.
(09-12-2012 05:51 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Of course it won't because you're doing absolutely nothing to check the actual footer template.
Also you're doing very little to integrate into MyBB at all - for example, MyBB doesn't really use echo anywhere.

can u make the code?
I wonder what do you need this for, it really doesn't seems like you know the basics of PHP coding so it would be rather ridiculous to be programming any kind of script. Perhaps you don't want your co-workers to remove the link from your forum? If so, then it would be probably easiest to just tell them not to.
Reference URL's