MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Private Forums.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I need to know if it can be done to make it look like Vb does its Private forums look at pic.... If it can be done plaz help me out I need it...

Or this there away I can show the Private forums but not the post that are in there
No info ?
im not sure what you mean. But you can change who you want to view your board in the admin control panel.
He means to make forums that you can't read display "private" in the newest post column. No idea how you might do this though.
I believe this can already be done.
AdminCP -> Settings -> Forum Home Options -> Hide Private Forums -> Set to No.

It will display the last poster of the forum though.  If you don't want this, open up inc/functions_forumlist.php, find:

PHP Code:
if($forum['password'] != '' && $_COOKIE['forumpass'][$forum['fid']] != md5($mybb->user['uid'].$forum['password']))

Replace with:

PHP Code:
if(($forum['password'] != '' && $_COOKIE['forumpass'][$forum['fid']] != md5($mybb->user['uid'].$forum['password'])) || $permissions['canview'] != "yes")

thanks man. Thats what i was looking for.... Is there away you can make the Last Post column say Private. If not thats ok.
For that, in inc/functions_forumlist.php, find:

PHP Code:
$lastpost = "<div style=\"text-align: center;\">-</div>";

Replace with

PHP Code:
$lastpost = "<div style=\"text-align: center;\">Private</div>";

ZiNgA BuRgA your the best......
Reference URL's