MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Some Help with Removing Default Post Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I am looking to create a sort of Bug Report part of my forum, and want to use threads as a way to organize them. What I have been able to do so far is create a full bug report form with XThreads, but there is still a post editor below that not only messes up the look the form I created before, but also forces you to add text to it.

Basicly, I am looking for a way to take away the default post editor from ONLY one forum category, so it is still useable on other forums, but not my bug report forum. And also remove and limitations it brings like forcing you to have text inside it. I am sorry if there was already a thread asking about this, I could not find one. Thank you for any help, and PLEASE tell me if I need to explain it better.
Alright, small update. I was able to use the XThreads settings to make it so blank posts were enabled on the Bugs forum, but I still need to somehow remove the post editor from sight.

EDIT: I was able to go through the settings deeper, create a template that only that forum uses, and remove the post editor from it. Last thing I am having trouble with is now it displays the blank post that was supposed to be in the post editor as a post below the "Bug Report" and it overall looks ugly. I want to push the user information to the top of the XThreads form info and not have the post show. I will continue going through templates and report findings.
This is ultimately template editing and overriding.  You'd use the similar technique you applied for hiding the post editor for the showthread/postbit templates.

You may wish to use the special postbit_first templates to specifically change how the first post looks.
(08-14-2013 08:29 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]This is ultimately template editing and overriding.  You'd use the similar technique you applied for hiding the post editor for the showthread/postbit templates.

You may wish to use the special postbit_first templates to specifically change how the first post looks.

Yes, after a bit of tinkering around with templates customly named for the bug forum I was able to accomplish everything I wanted. Thank you very much.
How can I remove the editor completely when I post a new thread?
Reference URL's