MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Xthreads and Group Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all thank you very much for creating Xthreads
Basically i am trying to use Xthreads depending upon group permissions
Normally if a user is a reviewer usergroup than only he can post a thread with custom thread field else he will post a normal thread
Is it possible somehow ?
Also what will happen if a particular forum which does not have custom thread fields and a moderator tries to move a thread with custom thread field to that forum ?
(11-22-2013 11:53 AM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]First of all thank you very much for creating Xthreads
Normally if a user is a reviewer usergroup than only he can post a thread with custom thread field else he will post a normal thread
Is it possible somehow ?
It probably makes more sense to use separate forums for that.

(11-22-2013 11:53 AM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]Also what will happen if a particular forum which does not have custom thread fields and a moderator tries to move a thread with custom thread field to that forum ?
It will be blank, unless a value was set for the field previously.
(11-22-2013 04:35 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2013 11:53 AM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]First of all thank you very much for creating Xthreads
Is it possible somehow ?
It probably makes more sense to use separate forums for that.
Is there any possible way to do like i asked ?

(11-22-2013 04:35 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2013 11:53 AM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]Also what will happen if a particular forum which does not have custom thread fields and a moderator tries to move a thread with custom thread field to that forum ?
It will be blank, unless a value was set for the field previously.
Thanks for telling, i tested this at my local server
(11-23-2013 11:37 AM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any possible way to do like i asked ?
I don't know because you're not giving much information.
I presume you've looked at the group permissions for thread fields, so you're going to have to explain yourself more.
I only want all users in my forum to be able to post thread in a section where i have custom thread field activated.
Only Reviewer Member group can use the custom fields and other members can't
When other members post than they post in the same layout as Reviewer Member group except they have some default values rather than having customized values
(11-23-2013 01:13 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]look at the group permissions for thread fields
(11-24-2013 02:29 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2013 01:13 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]look at the group permissions for thread fields

Thanks ZiNgA BuRga, will check
Reference URL's