MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Is this possible with Xthreads ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using RateU Product Review Example like this one
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=305
But i am thinking that is there a way i can directly open the Developer Website after a short delay in new tab directly when someone wants to view such product review because they will eventually visit that website to know about the product
It will be really great addition specially if a product link is amazon or ebay so that user can generate revenue from his link and it can help increasing activity.
Is it possible ?
Do you mean that you want to open a window/tabs automatically when the showthread already loaded without needing a user event?
(12-23-2013 02:45 AM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean that you want to open a window/tabs automatically when the showthread already loaded without needing a user event?

Yes, very much what i am looking for Smile
Most browsers these days have popup blockers which are designed to explicitly stop these things from working.
(01-01-2014 11:22 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Most browsers these days have popup blockers which are designed to explicitly stop these things from working.
But still want to do this, people usually open the popups Smile
(01-01-2014 05:10 PM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2014 11:22 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Most browsers these days have popup blockers which are designed to explicitly stop these things from working.

No... if a site tries to open a popup I usually get the info I need then leave. No staying around.
(01-01-2014 07:17 PM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2014 05:10 PM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]

No... if a site tries to open a popup I usually get the info I need then leave. No staying around.
Some people do open it, that's why i wanted to know how to implement it
Put in showthread template somewhere (preferably before </body>)

HTML Code
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
window.open(<?=json_encode( {INSERT VARIABLE HERE} )?>);
-->
</script>

Requires template conditionals.  Don't forget to replace {INSERT VARIABLE HERE} with the threadfield variable.

Reference URL's