MyBB Hacks

Full Version: No Special Characters in Usernames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This is a fairly useless plugin.  It just disallows usernames which have characters other than a-z, 0-9 and _ in them (can allow more characters by changing the setting under "User Registration and Profile Options").
I recall someone requesting this, which is why I made it.

Otherwise, just posting it here to increase my post count.
nice idea Smile
and if prevent from using "space" character?
(04-25-2010 12:18 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]nice idea Smile
and if prevent from using "space" character?
Yes, it prevents using the space character.
Well done zinga. I love this
John Smith         will not be accepted is this correct?
Yes, that is correct.
(03-14-2010 10:43 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]This is a fairly useless plugin. ....

Not useless / Will help some people a lot.  Smile

If you ever find the time, any chance of getting it to "integrate" better w/ MyBB's ajax username check?
i.e. MyBB still gives a green box to John Smith, then your useful plugin catches it server side, and gives a reject notice.  Rules

Since the ajax 'stuff' is already in place what would be needed, modification to the function which checks the username? --> Probably no plugin hook there?
So...
  • Can it even be done with a plugin as opposed to core mod?
Thank you & happy holiday.
Okay, fair enough, check first post for updated version:
- checks username in AJAX registration
- added setting under User Registration and Profile Options, where you can enter in additional characters you want to allow

To upgrade, deactivate and reactivate the plugin.
^^^
Wow, told you it wasn't useless, thanks ZB/Yumi!

edit: The download url is messed up, at this time:

Code:
The requested URL /\"xthreads_attach.php/25_1278150200_f7947eaf/efeb79e5437dbd890b2f51a3195ff8cb/stduname.php\" was not found on this server.

Sorry about that, should be fixed now.

Also, thanks to RateU for finding a bug with this version (should be fixed now).  If you've downloaded this plugin before this post, please download again, thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's