MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Allow staff to ignore PMs from non-staff members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is another requested plugin.

Fairly simple - Super Moderators and Administrators get an extra option in their UserCP to choose to ignore PMs from users who are neither Super Mod nor Admin.  If they do choose to ignore those PMs, (non Super Mod/Admin) users who try to PM them will get a "being ignored" message.

I got this installed but how do I set it to that staffers can disallow non staffers to PM them? Where is that setting located??? As am not seein it anywhere...not even in User CP
The option should be there for Super Mods and Admins under UserCP -> Edit Options -> Messaging and Notification

am not seein it...i see the template itself but am not seein it on the user cp end...here is the actual template coding as I dunno if there is miscodin or something but check for yourself:

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="allowpmsfrommembers" id="allowpmsfrommembers" value="yes"{$staffignorepmcheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="allowpmsfrommembers">Ignore PMs from users who are not Super Moderators or Administrators</label></span></td>
</tr>

And it is located on a template called usercp_options_staffignorepms  and it is located under the Global Templates

So, I dunno if it is suppose to be with the usercp_options template under the Default Theme Templates which would probaly make more sense but your the coder so who am I to say as am no techie but I tried to fix it myself and it didn't come out right...but there is somethin wrong there as am not seein it anywhere on the User CP...
Check your usercp_options template - there should be the following in it:

Code:
{$staffignorepm}

and if it isn't? What is the code for it so that I can place it in there...

Thanx in advance for all your help and support

I do not see that piece of code in the usercp_options template...it is not there
Then you can just add it where you want the checkbox to appear Tongue

i tried that but than those who are non staffers will see it...how do i make it so that only staffers can view it?
If you place the {$staffignorepm} code in the visible template, non staff should not be able to see it.
If you copied all the code from the custom template, well then, non staff will be able to see the checkbox.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's