MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Google Chrome, is it any good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a long time users of FF but lately I have trying Google Chrome and I have liked it what I saw. Does anyone else use it? If you do, can you please share your feedbacks on the pros and cons of using it? Thank you.
I have used it, and for testing some websites etc.
I personally dislike its lack of features and would prefer Opera above it as a lightweight browser.

But otherwise, I guess it has its pros, including being open source.
Pros:
Super-fast and lightweight
Your frequent sites show as thumbnails when opening a new tab
Standards compliant
Free of too many features Tongue

Cons:
Supports CCS3 round corners, but they look really rough (unless they finally fixed it)
Not enough features to keep everyone happy.

Google Chrome isn't designed to be anything more than a simple, fast browser.
Is it any good?
I should probably give Opera a try; Yes, Chrome is one good option for a fast second browser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Opera is super-fast, too bad it does not support start.com free SSL certs yet.
Thank you both for your answers. Yes, it looks very light. I can leave with the lack of features but what about its security? Is it any good?
I don't think security is really that much of an issue for the latest versions of all the major browsers really...
I understand. I was wondering about the overall security but I guess as long as you have the latest version it is safe.
Supports CCS3 round corners, but they look really rough (unless they finally fixed it)

Chrome has fixed this now.
In simple words, SO FAR NOT SO GOOD !!

It is promising but so far absolutely not good. Many applications still do not work. Even it's own orkut and gmail face problems in opening when you are already logged in. Following more drawbacks I saw.

- No activeX support
- Oracle apps does not run
- Does not even ask for confirmation while closing a window with multiple tabs open
- Yahoo mail attachments page does not display properly
- Many images come overlapped with text in some sites

Let us wait for the final release
Reference URL's