MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Emergency!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to install Hot Editor and then deleted it from my root directory.
And when I go to my website it says

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/REMOVED BY MIRAJ/public_html/inc/class_parser.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/REMOVED BY MIRAJ/public_html/index.php  on line 22
Hot Editor? Is that a zingaburga plugin?
(07-19-2010 06:37 AM)Miraj Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to install Hot Editor and then deleted it from my root directory.
Plugins won't do that even if they're designed to (unless you didn't set up your permissions correctly).

(07-19-2010 06:37 AM)Miraj Wrote: [ -> ]Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/REMOVED BY MIRAJ/public_html/inc/class_parser.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/REMOVED BY MIRAJ/public_html/index.php  on line 22
Either it doesn't exist, or you messed up your file permissions.  If former, upload it again, if latter, make sure you CHMOD the files correctly.

Again, I'm going to re-iterate, if you're not very technically competent, you shouldn't be running the technical aspect of a forum (especially tinkering with modifications).  Either get someone who is confident, or get more familiar with computers before trying to run a forum.  You're just going to keep getting these issues throughout the lifetime of your forum unless you understand what you're doing.  And if you keep stuffing things up, I doubt your users will be pleased with your forum, and it's going to be extremely difficult for you to build a successful forum this way.

(07-19-2010 06:56 AM)leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Hot Editor? Is that a zingaburga plugin?
Nope.
Zinga!,
I understand everything but I need to have proper instructions I cannot afford something to do this for me when there is a way myself can do it. If that would be the case wouldn't I just myself a vBulletin? I still need to know how to do the Menu bar thing tho. Im using Afresh themes.
(07-20-2010 08:01 AM)Miraj Wrote: [ -> ]Zinga!,
I understand everything but I need to have proper instructions I cannot afford something to do this for me when there is a way myself can do it. If that would be the case wouldn't I just myself a vBulletin? I still need to know how to do the Menu bar thing tho. Im using Afresh themes.
I suggest not messing around with add-ons or modifications unless you know what you're doing.
Actually I suggest against running a forum in general, but especially modifications.

You can try vBulletin if you wish, but you need to understand that the software isn't really the issue here.  It's the user.  vBulletin isn't going to magically make you any smarter.

Back to the HotEditor problem, I don't even know if it is meant to work on MyBB 1.4.  I know there was something for 1.2, and that's all I know about it.  Furthermore, I believe it had some security vulnerabilities.
Finally, I didn't make it, neither did anyone on this forum.  I have never used it, and I don't think many here have either, so it's unlikely you'll get support here anyway.  You would have better luck on the MyBB community forums.
Shame about that Hot Editor - I thought I'd missed something there. Oh well.
Zinga, I prefer you be a little nicer k? Because you've been just bagging my experience with mybb. I want to use your forums for support and I love your plugins. I got this solved because I thought I'd upload the files again and it worked.
(07-26-2010 02:09 PM)Miraj Wrote: [ -> ]I want to use your forums for support
Call me a stuck up if you want, but I generally expect people to have a certain level of knowledge before trying to run a forum here.

If I was a (ordinary) highschool maths teacher, for example, I would expect my students to know how to count and add numbers together, before they take any lessons.  Similarly, I expect forum administrators to have a certain level of competency if they want to run a forum, and further more if they want to use modifications.  Giving support is one thing, holding your hand is quite another.

This plugin wasn't written by me, I've never used it, neither do I actually recommend anyone use it.  Do you seriously think I would even care to provide support at all for it?  If you want community support, go to the MyBB Community forums.  Half the people there can't run a forum, so you'd probably fit in much better than you would here.

Thanks for your comments and I'm glad you got it working.
Reference URL's