MyBB Hacks

Full Version: What do you all think? XenForo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This seems to be getting some very nice reviews.

The latest in forum software soon to be released commercially. Very different from what we have seen. Note the forum sections and thread listings for starters..
http://xenforo.com/community/

Other then the side crap on the main index page it is not that bad. Very modern and sleek looking.

Click on the avatars and such.. To see what it really does you are better off registering and playing with it.

Also a question? Is that where forum software is headed?
That sort of stuff isn't difficult to add to any forum software really.  In fact, I have images disabled, and the popout looks like crap cause I can't see the text (need to highlight it).
How it operates under the hood is more important IMO

Otherwise, they do have some nice ideas.  Then, it's commercial, so I'm not interested.
How much is XenFoRo?
The ones who develop it are very money hungry people so I would expect it to go down the vb route.
Its an excellent community IMHO. But I don't think people will be interested in it as there very nice paid forum softwares like vB and IPB. But yes it has a nice layout.
It has too much javascript for my likes.
Plus there are popup details everywhere (not sure if I can explain correctly)
(08-26-2010 07:43 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]It has too much javascript for my likes.
Plus there are popup details everywhere (not sure if I can explain correctly)

Correct ! That's why I gonna love it Smile Kier and Mike and other dev. uses plenty of Jqueries for those javascripts popups, that make a beautiful effect.
Reference URL's