MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Am I the wrong one here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Read that thread and please tell me if it's me who's wrong because I want to know if I have problems or not.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-76219-post-557327.html
Heh, I think they (actually Ryan) changed it cause Ryan didn't like a bit of code I put in.

Just let them do what they want to.  It's not your project.  I don't think you're "wrong" - they simply refuse to admit that they could possibly be wrong.
(08-17-2010 07:15 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Heh, I think they (actually Ryan) changed it cause Ryan didn't like a bit of code I put in.

Just let them do what they want to.  It's not your project.  I don't think you're "wrong" - they simply refuse to admit that they could possibly be wrong.

Yeah it's not my project, that's exactly why I don't care that much. It's MyBB who looks bad not me. What bit of code by the way?
You shouldn't have been so offensive in your second post IMO.
Quote:It says in the Wiki that they're not permitted. But you use them and you're saying that it's not a big deal?
Well, if you think that contradicting yourself is not a big deal..okay.

That's what the venting part is about.
They're always full of contradictions and refuse to admit it.  No need to point it out.
(08-17-2010 08:56 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't have been so offensive in your second post IMO.
Quote:It says in the Wiki that they're not permitted. But you use them and you're saying that it's not a big deal?
Well, if you think that contradicting yourself is not a big deal..okay.

That's what the venting part is about.
They're always full of contradictions and refuse to admit it.  No need to point it out.

Probably I shouldn't have been so offensive. I had a hard day today so I'm probably a bit pissed off and then his reply didn't help.
But yeah I guess next time I won't just point it out and just let the others see it.

If this happened at vB, everyone would be laughing: "ahaha they're telling the developers not to use ternary operators but they use! ahah". They'll probably laugh at MyBB now.
What are ternary operators ?
(08-17-2010 10:18 AM)Imran Wrote: [ -> ]What are ternary operators ?
Looks like an alternate way to form an if/else...

PHP Code:
<?php
// Example usage for: Ternary Operator
$action = (empty($_POST['action'])) ? 'default' : $_POST['action'];

// The above is identical to this if/else statement
if (empty($_POST['action'])) {
    $action = 'default';
} else {
    $action = $_POST['action'];
}

?>

Source

One thing I have seen at mybb is that you cant win a discussion there with the staff no matter how right you are and how wrong they are. So dont bother. Let them look bad.
(08-19-2010 07:54 AM)tonoshi Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I have seen at mybb is that you cant win a discussion there with the staff no matter how right you are and how wrong they are. So dont bother. Let them look bad.

Yeah that's their main problem in my opinion and would be a good start for them if they want to be look as professional as they want. But it's really up to them, I've already given up
(08-19-2010 07:56 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2010 07:54 AM)tonoshi Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I have seen at mybb is that you cant win a discussion there with the staff no matter how right you are and how wrong they are. So dont bother. Let them look bad.

Yeah that's their main problem in my opinion and would be a good start for them if they want to be look as professional as they want. But it's really up to them, I've already given up

I have seen a lot of people asking that why is not mybb very popular when it is a great script and everyone agrees that the reason is the staff who is very immature. You cant create professionalism with immature persons.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's