MyBB Hacks

Full Version: mybb capabilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you think mybb will perform on a board with millions of users???
Depends what you mean.

Millions of registered users?
Millions of users online (defined by a ~15 minute WOL period)?
Millions of concurrent webserver connections?

Server setup?

What are you trying to aim at exactly?

In the first instance, it's probably more the DBMS responsibility to store data on millions of registered users.  For the latter, it would be more on whether your server setup can handle it.  For millions of concurrent webserver connections, you'd probably be looking at a Facebook-esque type traffic profile, where you'd need tens of thousands of computers to handle the load and various stuff I'm not going to bother going into.

Forum software just affects how much server resources it uses for handling requests.  It's not going to suddenly become erratic after a certain number of users.
For a benchmark of a few software, you can try this: http://bb-bench.com/benchmark/2
Actually I got a project from a firm. This project needs and user management script so that is why I was asking. probably the DBMS have to hold millons of users but the no of user will probably some thousand at a time..
If all you need is user management, I don't know what you're doing with MyBB.
There are other frameworks, like CakePHP, which may be better suited for the task.
(09-10-2010 07:31 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]There are other frameworks, like CakePHP...
  • Most people consider MyBB to be forum software, but it is actually a powerful, flexible, easy-to-modify application framework.  
It's really not that a good framework to be honest.  You're better off using something which was designed to be a framework.
Reference URL's