MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Posting/registrations disabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am getting annoyed at "dumb" spammers that constantly try to post without success, so much that it causes server load issues, so I've just simply disabled posting, as well as registrations, until I can be bothered to do something else.

Actually, the files have simply been renamed:
newthread.php -> newthread2.php
newreply.php -> newreply2.php
member.php -> member2.php

So if you know how to do a bit of HTML editing, you can actually still post, like I am doing here.
Seems fair enough. I was a bit worried yesterday when the site was offline. Thanks for providing the alternative posting option.
LMAO XD

Thanks for no killing the site Zinga Burga! Tongue
why do you take action at this time as it is now?
and why not from long ago? Erf

my reply is this related to my thread
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=4485

my advice, you need to be lifting a Super Moderator to take action "banned" spammers when you're not online at this forum. Biggrin

and I think the seniors above me who are also members here worth your consideration to help you become a Super Moderator.

sorry if I'm wrong language. I am here just want to learn. but I feel very annoyed with the amount of spam that is rampant. moreover, as if you as if silent does nothing to block the spammers that you do this.

regards Smile
This has absolutely nothing to do with moderation whatsoever.
Modified templates to point to new pages, so posting should just work normally now.
This actually could be an interesting defense against spambots which are just hard coded to go against newthread.php / newreply.php
Reference URL's