MyBB Hacks

Full Version: quickreply in archive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to add quick reply to archive..
I have done the login and logout in the archive now I wanna add quick reply to it...

if I copy the quick reply code from show thread and put it into the proper place in the archive`s index.php and in place of the template calls if I add the template directly, will it work?
I don't think it works, unless you add some code to archive/index.php file. Like the one below;

PHP Code:
$posthash = md5($mybb->user['uid'].random_str());
$codebuttons = build_mycode_inserter();
eval("\$quickreply = \"".$templates->get("showthread_quickreply")."\";");

and add $quickreply variable to archive template.

Maybe, depending on how good you are with copying and pasting.  Give it a shot if you feel like it.
You probably won't get AJAX working easily though.
Imran Wrote:I don't think it works, unless you add some code to archive/index.php file. Like the one below;

PHP Code:
$posthash = md5($mybb->user['uid'].random_str());
$codebuttons = build_mycode_inserter();
eval("\$quickreply = \"".$templates->get("showthread_quickreply")."\";");

and add $quickreply variable to archive template.

Yes I know but in place of eval("\$quickreply = \"".$templates->get("showthread_quickreply")."\";"); I think I have to directly put the html because archive do not use template system.

(09-22-2010 03:56 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe, depending on how good you are with copying and pasting.  Give it a shot if you feel like it.
You probably won't get AJAX working easily though.

Believe me I am very good at copying, I can pass a whole exam just by copying....WinkTongue

ok I will give it a try...
I do not want ajax, I will just make the page to reload...
You can try to create a new theme New Reply Templates - newreply-archive. And create newreply-archive.php version (which is removing unnecessary code for normal version) and then redirecting back to index.php.

And then modified archive/index.php, to create login form.
This will help our visitor who connect from expensive data mobile GPRS/3G charge Smile
Have you figured it out yet?
Reference URL's