MyBB Hacks

Full Version: MYBB 1.8 template conditionals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi MYBB 1.8 is out could you please make template conditionals plugin work with this version?

For me this is the best plugins simply amazing! I am heavily rely on it.
Are you saying it doesn't already work for you?
If so, could you provide instructions on how to make it not work?

Thanks.
I don't know if it works or not I thought you could tell me more about that please? Many say plugins for 1.6 won't work on 1.8 is this true?
(09-12-2014 09:25 PM)letsforum Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if it works or not I thought you could tell me more about that please?
I imagine that it should work as I don't see why it wouldn't.
Why not try it and see?

The plugin itself doesn't do any changes to the DB, so it's not like it can really cause that much harm.
Thanks so much, gonna test let see how it goes. I can't imagine my forum without this plugin simply awesome Smile
Works great with mybb 1.8 awesome Smile
Did you make any edits? Smile

Reason I ask is because I installed a freshly downloaded copy of Template Conditionals. Made no edits to the plugin. I get the following odd error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in C:\wamp\www\divergentfans\inc\functions_user.php(468) : eval()'d code on line 21

I've no clue how this occurs, given my syntax is currently this (if clause is just a placeholder, was testing when error first occured):

Code:
<if 1==0>
<div>Hello, World!</div>
</if>

Line 21 in functions_user is the following piece, from the user_exists() function:

PHP Code:
$query = $db->simple_select("users", "COUNT(*) as user", "uid='".(int)$uid."'", array('limit' => 1));

And line 468 (for reference) is this, from the usercp_menu_messenger() function:

PHP Code:
	eval("\$usercpmenu .= \"".$usercp_nav_messenger."\";");

The template I am editing is usercp_nav_messenger. Running an almost vanilla MyBB install, except the theme is different.

The isssue is indeed in your usercp_nav_messenger template.

Code:
<if 1==0 then>
THEN...
</if>

DAMMIT. Thanks, I could've sworn that it was without the 'then' bit. I haven't used Template Conditionals in ages though.
Reference URL's