MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Threads in Forum with xthreads field not visible in mybb go mobile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi as the title says Threads created in forum with xthreads fields in it is not visible in the mobile theme only title is displayed.
Also with default Mybb forums mybbgm works fine.
Please is there any guide to configure mybbgm with xthreads?
SOS please help xthreads fields not visible in go mobile theme although xthreads templates are global templates
Theme specific templates override global templates.  That's how the MyBB template system works.
You need to either edit the theme's templates or rely on the template prefix feature (which may still require special editing of the theme's templates because they probably don't go nicely together).
hmmm
offtopic: then why they call it global templates :facepalm:
Ontopic: But xthreads work fine in the Default (non mobile) theme i am using (light_ky )
Only problem comes when i swtich to the monbile theme they are not at all displayed in the theme that comes with Mybb Go Mobile. Not even the {$message} (default mybb thread field)  is displayed. Only thing that gets printed is the title of the thread.

P.S. Xthreads is working fine for non mobile theme.
P.P.S Thanks for the awesome xthreads Yumi
(09-18-2014 09:43 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]You need to either edit the theme's templates or rely on the template prefix feature (which may still require special editing of the theme's templates because they probably don't go nicely together).
ah
i am already using Template prefix in the xthreads option in forum settings
but even then forgot about nicely fitting it is not visible at all in the mobile theme.
You'll need to check that the template's being included at all then.  It may be being excluded by another template of the mobile theme.
ok
so how do one check whether a template is being excluded
i mean any kind of example code line i should look for?
Stick junk in the template.  If it doesn't appear on the page, it's being excluded.
If it's excluded, switch to your normal theme and see where the template is being included from (the template comments help).  The template may be excluded from the mobile theme for a reason, in which case, you'd have to come up with a solution.
ah ok thanks for the help
i will look for a solution
Reference URL's