MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Default Value Character Limit Increase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm creating an application type of form using Xthreads but have run into a minor issue. The Default Value field (and likely other fields) only has a 255 character limit it seems. I need to increase this to about 1200 for the purposes I'm using this particular custom field for.

Is there a way to accomplish this? I assume the character limit is set in the php files. But the only thing I've found with a 255 limit was in threadfields.php. And after altering it, nothing seemed to change in terms of character limits.
You need to modify the database, in particular, the threadfields table.  Don't modify any PHP code.
Ah, guess that explains why nothing happened.

Databases are definitely my weak point in this arena. Is there a particular SQL query to run to change the character limit from 255 to whatever? The thread field in question is app_msg.
If you have a database browser like phpMyAdmin, HeidiSQL etc, just modify the structure of the table and change 255 to 1500 or similar.
Well, that was easy enough then. Everything is good to go now. Thanks!
Reference URL's