MyBB Hacks

Full Version: How to hide mybb warning messages from public?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when we do a template mistake or if any file or table gets deleted or mysql/database dont get connected or anything mischief thing happens, we usually get mybb warning messages in big huge boxes as

Code:
MyBB Error

Cant connect to mysql/Too many connections.

Now my question is, why it must be displayed to public?? is there anyway to display a different custom text message [Site in under maintenance] or image or if possible, completely hide those error messages and just email those errors to our mail id.

(10-15-2010 05:38 AM)1master1 Wrote: [ -> ]Now my question is, why it must be displayed to public?? is there anyway to display a different custom text message [Site in under maintenance] or image or if possible, completely hide those error messages and just email those errors to our mail id.
Because it says to the admin what the problem is.
I don't really see any reason why it should be hidden, unless you're a big fan of obscurity.

As for completely hiding, what do you expect?  Users just get thrown a blank page?
Yes. A possibility to show custom 404 error page or a Server Problem Encountered page
From memory, Google SEO can put 404 error codes out if that's all you want.
Otherwise, go digging around the inc/db_*.php files and see what throws the error and edit it out.
i found these errors in inc/class_error.php Wink
I think

Code:
MyBB Error

Cant connect to mysql/Too many connections.

errors appears when your "host's sql" have some issues.

Reference URL's