MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Send password to user's email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any possibility to send the user's password automatically to his email address when we add him manually in the ACP->Users&Groups-> AddUser??
You can't retrieve "actual" password from the Users table. Because user's passwords are salted and hashed and this not possible to retrieve it by using any default MyBB functions. However, its my point of view, you can wait to see what Zinga reply here.
Of course, when you create the user, you're giving the password to the script in plaintext.
Nothing technically stopping this from happening, but then, all it does is just saves you manually sending the email yourself.
MattRogowski from mybb added this to his plugins project list. Smile
But who knows when that would be released ?
yeah, we must wait for his release. well, i cant send messages to you bro, imran. sorry, i thought of helping you with similar threads.
If you want to hijack user's account without knowing their "password", then you can use Zinga's plugin: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=268

I think retrieving the password thing is much more difficult.
Reference URL's