MyBB Hacks

Full Version: XThreads: The specified thread does not exist.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, once the user clicks to create the topic and then click submit it gave a blank page.
I started getting this error today on all sections and once I have deactivated the plugin all errors were gone... Frown

Any help?

Thank you.

P.S.: As stated here (http://community.mybb.com/thread-82787.html) I added the setting and it worked fine. It's something to do with XThreads. :/
Well from your posts you're messing with bits of code without even understanding them, I really can't say what's wrong.
Set up a clean install and give a step-by-step guide on how to reproduce the issue.
Deleted all fields, templates and uninstalled. Worked fine posts and moderation.
Enabled ... error is back :/

But I'm still checking all plugins. 1 by 1

Code:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1054 - Unknown column 'td.xtnewsbar_class' in 'field list'
Query:
    SELECT t.*, td.xtnewsbar_class, td.xtnewsbar_prefix FROM mybb_dbthreads t LEFT JOIN mybb_dbthreadfields_data td ON (td.tid=t.tid) WHERE t.visible=1 AND td.xtnewsbar IN ("Index","Index And Portal") ORDER BY t.dateline desc 

YES. The problem is with XThreads... I feel so sad.. needed to deactivate this plugin..

If that is Rateu's Xthreads newsbar plugin I have to tell you I have that installed and working fine. Please recheck your settings. I agree with Zinga - you are doing direct edits on your database, changing core files, installing plugins from all over and from the knowledge level shown by your posts here (trying hard, but still learning) it sounds more like you have stuffed up your board in some way.
Do you have a thread field with a key named xtnewsbar_class ?
Yes.. I'm a noob ans messed up with my forums. Going to do a clean MyBB install Smile and set all plugins again. It wasn't XThreads... It was me. I must have done something wrong and the board crashed.
(11-25-2010 07:43 PM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.. I'm a noob

I'm a noob too, Skiilz Biggrin Many times I've said this, I'm not a coder, nor a designer. I'm still learning.

(11-25-2010 07:43 PM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]ans messed up with my forums.

You know, I always do that to my forum too Biggrin

(11-25-2010 07:43 PM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]Going to do a clean MyBB install Smile and set all plugins again.

Yeah, it's better (I think) if you have a test forum, so, you can test anything before applying it to your production forum Smile
I have more than one test forum right now Biggrin

(11-25-2010 07:43 PM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]It wasn't XThreads... It was me.

It wasn't XThreads, and it wasn't you. It is my fault to not code it well Biggrin

(11-25-2010 09:32 AM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1054 - Unknown column 'td.xtnewsbar_class' in 'field list'
Query:
    SELECT t.*, td.xtnewsbar_class, td.xtnewsbar_prefix FROM mybb_dbthreads t LEFT JOIN mybb_dbthreadfields_data td ON (td.tid=t.tid) WHERE t.visible=1 AND td.xtnewsbar IN ("Index","Index And Portal") ORDER BY t.dateline desc 

YES. The problem is with XThreads..

I've said it above, the problem didn't come from XThreads. I comes from the News Bar.

Do you want to know why you get the SQL Error?

I think because you do this without uninstalling the News Bar:

(11-25-2010 09:32 AM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]Deleted all fields, templates and uninstalled.

If you read the News Bar thread, you will see that the News Bar needs three settings, in this case, the three custom thread fields. If you delete the fields, the News Bar can't find its settings. And if you uninstall XThreads, all application that need XThreads (XThreads example applications) will not "work" correctly. And because the News Bar is one of the XThreads example application, so it can't run too, because all "information" needed for it already uninstalled. Maybe I will try to add "something" before the query run.

I'm really sorry for the problem.
Not your fault RateU.. I disabled all plugins but before I get the mysql error the forums was already messed up. Not your fault.
All going well on my new forums, just testing some items and templates before moving to the right one Smile
Reference URL's