MyBB Hacks

Full Version: forum bot ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Am I blind or do you not have a forum bot? Simple talking bot that uses intelligent sentences not jibberish crap like the shoutbox bot I once saw...lol

Just wondering Smile
Why would we need a forum bot? We have regular users of the forum......we don't need to make them up.
Zinga made one back in the 1.2 days, it wasn't released though
Don't mind Leefish, she seems to neglect other people's needs for her personal dislikes.

I use a "form" of a bot. It doesn't say automated things, but I use it like a bot. I use the RSS plugin from mybb.com to posts RSS fed news articles and security updates in specific forums on my site. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here you go Smile

http://mods.mybb.com/view/rss-to-post
I guess i should of been more detailed, I want a bot for my forum not here leefish Tongue

Unfortunately I do not have anymore active users Frown Trying to pick it back up though...but with that rss to post it's currently for 1.4 - im running 1.6.1
Hmmm...I saw somewhere today a new plugin, not an update or upgrade to this one, that does the same thing that was made for mybb 1.6. I can't seem to find it again though. I was looking in the ideas section at the mybb.com site. I just tried to find it but I can't find it again Frown
(01-03-2011 12:43 PM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]I guess i should of been more detailed, I want a bot for my forum not here leefish Tongue

Unfortunately I do not have anymore active users Frown Trying to pick it back up though...but with that rss to post it's currently for 1.4 - im running 1.6.1

I have rss to post (the one by Dennis Tsang) it works fine on 1.6.1 Have you tried changing the compatibility?

And yea -I thought by we you meant mybb hacks, not myybb forum software Smile
Awesome, thanks guys/gals !
Just to reiterate....the RSS to post thing works GREAT ! Thanks Master Z
You're welcome Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's