MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Something wrong with my mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I'm still having issues with the whole "quick edit" function (when you click on edit, it goes straight to full edit and doesn't show the option to quick edit).

I also have it setup so you can press shift+alt+m or shift+alt+n to see validation results for css and html. I do the css one and things work fine (seems I've got a lot of CSS errors? Oh) but when I do html (shift+alt+m) I get the following error:

Code:
Sorry! This document can not be checked.

A fatal error occurred when attempting to decode response body from http://www.ethical-hackers.org/index.php. Either we do not support the content encoding specified ("gzip"), or an error occurred while decoding it. 

The error was: Can't gunzip content: Header Error: Bad Magic 

I don't know what this means, but when I looked up the error on google it said something about java...think the two problems might somehow be related? I have a buttload of plugins installed and a few template edits here and there, if you would like a full list of plugins I can provide it as I just recently compiled one. Any help would be appreciated please...

Thank you in advance.

ZuFu

I created a support thread on mybbcentral as well if you want a little more info:

http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-6320.html
(01-06-2011 01:28 PM)MasterZuFu Wrote: [ -> ]I also have it setup so you can press shift+alt+m or shift+alt+n to see validation results for css and html. I do the css one and things work fine (seems I've got a lot of CSS errors? Oh) but when I do html (shift+alt+m) I get the following error:
I assume this is a browser extension?
If so, it could be that it's simply not decompressing the page properly.
Alternatively, your server isn't compressing the page properly.
Well, we reinstalled gzip on the server and it installed ok. But no, it's not just this that's wrong, there's a multitude of things that are wrong. I'm getting "Authorization code mismatch" left and right ALL THE TIME in the admin cp, the quick edit function no longer works, I can't validate my page when gzip compression is enabled in the admin cp, my ajax chat just completely stopped working (http://www.ethical-hackers.org/chat)...it's like the whole site just wants to go down on me right now and I have no freaking clue why...

I did realize that my theme was a 1.4 theme so I got a new (better theme imho) that was for 1.6, still didn't change anything though but a lot of the ugly theme problems went away. the validations shift+m is just a hotkey code. Every browser has hotkeys you can set to do things. You just put the code in the browser and it does hotkey. i don't think this is the issue as it worked before but now it's not compressing the page at all.
(01-07-2011 05:18 PM)MasterZuFu Wrote: [ -> ]Every browser has hotkeys you can set to do things. You just put the code in the browser and it does hotkey.
But I'm doubting a browser which does validation like that.
At least, I haven't seen one before.

And a browser generally wouldn't decompress the page fine and not fine on different features.
So I'd guess it's an extension.

Try asking the MyBB support forum for your other issues.
I can't ask the mybb support forum, I tried one time before and they refuse to help because my site is a hacking site.

I'm going to have to disable every single plugin when I have time. Until then I suppose disabling gzip will have to be enough.
There's a whole bunch of other MyBB related forums which are probably willing to provide support.
But of course, if you are clever enough, you could always start up another forum, produce the problem on it and get support through there.
Found the problem. It was a space inserted somewhere in one of my files. Thanks to Matt for that one, I don't think I would've ever been able to find it.
Reference URL's