Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 Article Gallery
RocketFoot Offline
RE: Article Gallery
Just noticed something else with the article gallery...A member chose multiple categories and the threadlist shows this:

How can I change the Multiple Value Delimiter to reflect the actual 2 categories that the post is in?

Ah Ha!  nevermind!  I'm starting to get the hang of this...I changed the value to |  in order to separate the categories.  I looks good now!

Now back to my portal image resizing problem!

[Image: gallery_2_628_39582.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2010 06:23 AM by RocketFoot.)
12-15-2010 06:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
(12-15-2010 05:00 AM)RocketFoot Wrote:  Now I wonder if the same technique would apply to the ProPortal?

I don't know about ProPortal.
I've never use it.

12-15-2010 06:52 AM
RocketFoot Offline
(12-15-2010 06:52 AM)RateU Wrote:  
(12-15-2010 05:00 AM)RocketFoot Wrote:  Now I wonder if the same technique would apply to the ProPortal?

I don't know about ProPortal.
I've never use it.

I started a new thread in case someone can help...rather than clutter this one up too much!  Wink

[Image: gallery_2_628_39582.jpg]
12-15-2010 07:07 AM
MasterZuFu Offline
For some reason mine doesn't look like this, it looks all jumbled up:

12-17-2010 11:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
I think it will only look jumbled in Admin/mod view. I would suggest you try viewing it as an ordinary user and - for mods/admins view-  the edit line looks long - maybe put it UNDER the time.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
12-17-2010 07:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MasterZuFu Offline
Viewed it as a guest, still jumbled. I'm not entirely sure how to fix this to be honest. If I make the tables smaller it could cause problems with the text view. If I don't make it smaller it seems like everything just going to be packed together.

12-17-2010 11:13 PM
RateU Offline
Administrator
The layout should depends on what themes we are using.
The screenshot in the first post is from admin views.

What is the value of your theme Table Spacing?

12-18-2010 03:55 AM
MasterZuFu Offline
It is zero. I'm going to mess with it a bit and see if that fixes anything.
looks like that fixed it. I changed it to 4 and everything looks MUCH better! Smile Thanks for that hint (sometimes I REALLY wish there was like some kind of overlay on the forum that would tell me what template or theme position controls that area. lol!)
Ok, just a few more things.

1. There's a bug on my whole forum and I can't figure out how to fix it. Something wrong with showthread. Under a thread where is say:

"
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread
"

For some reason the link for the send email one isn't working. I had to hard code it in the show thread, but when I put your templates in, the bug is back again. Any idea how to fix this for good? It doesn't seem to matter which theme I use or what version MyBB I have, I've had this problem ever sense I've had MyBB installed, and it's not the server either because I've changed servers three times since I started. So, I dunno how to fix this and it's honestly starting to get annoying >_>

2. When you open an article, the comments are on the right hand side....but when I click "next" to view another page of comments, the article goes away and all I see are the comments. It makes it look kind of blank and bland. Is there any way to make it where when I go to multiple pages, the original article still displays?

3. When displaying the main forum, showing all the articles that have been written, mine isn't showing a description automatically. I would like for it to just make the description the first like two sentences of the article and then say "read more" with a link that goes to the article. Is that doable? Note that I'm using the "Thread Description" addition by xthreads.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010 06:15 AM by MasterZuFu.)
12-18-2010 05:07 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
For number one, I think its a setting. EDIT: Try checking in User Groups miscellaneous that you have "Can send thread to a friend" ticked. I think this also allows members to email each other.

For number two, ensure that you have Show first post on every showthread page set to yes in the forum settings.

For number three, try thread preview plugin - look in RateU's sig for tips  http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=267

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010 06:35 AM by leefish.)
12-18-2010 06:17 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
(12-18-2010 05:07 AM)MasterZuFu Wrote:  looks like that fixed it. I changed it to 4 and everything looks MUCH better! Smile

Glad you can solve the problem Smile

(12-18-2010 05:07 AM)MasterZuFu Wrote:  1. There's a bug on my whole forum and I can't figure out how to fix it. Something wrong with showthread. Under a thread where is say:

"
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread
"

For some reason the link for the send email one isn't working. I had to hard code it in the show thread, but when I put your templates in, the bug is back again. Any idea how to fix this for good?

What bug? What do you mean by "the send email isn't working"?

(12-18-2010 05:07 AM)MasterZuFu Wrote:  2. When you open an article, the comments are on the right hand side....but when I click "next" to view another page of comments, the article goes away and all I see are the comments. It makes it look kind of blank and bland. Is there any way to make it where when I go to multiple pages, the original article still displays?

(12-18-2010 06:17 AM)leefish Wrote:  For number two, ensure that you have Show first post on every showthread page set to yes in the forum settings.

Ugh..... I've missed that important setting?
How stupid I'm!
I've updated the first post.
Thank you very much Smile
And I'm really sorry for that trouble.

(12-18-2010 05:07 AM)MasterZuFu Wrote:  3. When displaying the main forum, showing all the articles that have been written, mine isn't showing a description automatically. I would like for it to just make the description the first like two sentences of the article and then say "read more" with a link that goes to the article. Is that doable? Note that I'm using the "Thread Description" addition by xthreads.

Yeah. Like Lee said, the "description" generated automatically by Thread Tooltip Preview plugin.
But if you want to use the XThreads Thread Description, you need to find this code in atcgal_forumdisplay_thread  template:

Code:
{$thread['postpreview']}

And replace it with your XThreads Thread Description variable.

12-18-2010 06:43 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools