Chrome 5 Integrates Flash
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Chrome 5 Integrates Flash
A bit old, but with Apple and Adobe making all sorts of war over Flash, seems that Google decided to side with Adobe and integrate Flash with its upcoming version of Chrome.  I guess this does negate the need for a separate Flash download, Youtube probably being a primary reason, and the browser updates will handle Flash updates as well.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20100504/tc_zd/250605

My Blog
05-15-2010 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pirata Nervo Offline
RE: Chrome 5 Integrates Flash
Yeap Chrome OS will also support Flash. If Google continues to support it, Flash won't die as soon as Apple and Microsoft expected
05-15-2010 09:56 PM
RateU Offline
Administrator
I don't know what's wrong with flash. Is it because HTML 5 ?

05-16-2010 03:47 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(05-16-2010 03:47 AM)Rateu Wrote:  I don't know what's wrong with flash. Is it because HTML 5 ?
As far as consumers care, mostly because it's rather slow and somewhat lacking competition.  Also, apparently MacOS and Linux versions are horrible compared to the Windows version of Flash - since Adobe controls it, not much can be done about it.
(note, I don't really know how well Silverlight goes)

As for Apple, it's probably just them trying to lock in devs to develop for their platform.  HTML5 is quite some years off to being finalised, and most devs don't really want to support something which isn't even standardised yet, especially when some aspects aren't consistent across browsers.  And HTML5+JS isn't as powerful or flexible as Flash, neither does it have as nice an environment to build things with.

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2010 09:14 AM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
05-16-2010 09:13 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
There are many application using flash right now. Ads, flash banner, web design, flash games, flash video. I think at least they need to find a better replacement first before discontinuing support for flash.

05-17-2010 04:15 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools