Ryan Gordon has put MyBB into the ground!
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
Ryan Gordon has put MyBB into the ground!
You probably know that Ryan Gordon has a futur plan, which is basically what the kids are calling there NEW home "MyBB.com" nowadays.

MyBB has become a place & community run by kids for kids set in stone by Ryan Gordon!

Ryan Gordon your days are out numbered with the MyBB Team.

It has been a great rollarcoaster experience this far and I have learned so much more being on the Ryan Gordon's Enemy #1 hate list!

People Ryan Gordon is NOT smart at all this he is a very unprofessional developer!

Today, I find MyBB is in a position where we must Now refocus on  how to remove Ryan Gordon from power and instead of telling him maybe we need to focus on something in the terms of  “how do we get rid of Ryan Gordon from power”  the fault of all this is caused by Head of MyBB "Chris boulton" it's to his failure in not proof reading Ryan Gordon's poor traits before having him running a non-successful online MyBB software to the ground is a lesson "Chris boulton" will end up paying for Ryan Gordon horrible and unprofessional mistakes.

MyBB Software is tricky one to understand like any other Buissness. You need to have the perfect people with the right experience to be able to pull off a successful commercial buissness in todays market, which we all know that MyBB does NOT have!

Ever wonder about that mysterious Ryan Gordon? You know, the one you're supposed to trust with MyBB Developement and you never quite know what the hell he is doing when he cant even get things right the first time let alone 50 times?

Did you ever get an impression from looking over MyBB and many software developers that were on MyBB at sometime awile ago and all of a sudden this year why there leaving or dissapearing for good??

I've been dismayed to discover just how many software developers aren't staying with MyBB software. Ever ask the question why????
Hint: R.G....

When we all look closely at the MyBB, we discover Ryan Gordon is  doing exactly the wrong thing with MyBB coding.. Ryan Gordon has shown us many times his poor coding traits which this leads to other software devolpers of having to redo MyBB correctly each and everyday.

When I looked at other commercial software, you can feel that there developers are supporting there own software packages and they put into practice of ideas from professional people and they never push away others trying to help about it. When you tell Ryan Gordon about code errors and bugs he doesnt give a shit about your ideas, he just wishes that everyone else to drop dead somehow.

But we won't. When I discovered that the MyBB popularity on the web has gone downhill and one of the most Un-Popular and needless to say even the complete MyBB Team has almost complete ignorance of issues, Im proudly able to announce this is the END for MyBB.

PS: So I have an announcement to make:  If you are a tired of the MyBB Staff and kiddies who are Developers of MyBB and you want to voice your true oppions, come over here...   http://mybbcentre.ca/showthread.php?tid=4   join the disscussion!
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 08:08 AM by Technoman.)
08-05-2010 06:53 AM
Find all posts by this user
Firefox Wins Offline
...useful suggestions?
Hi Technoman,
Instead of trying to make decisions about high-ranking staff, would it be more productive to give useful suggestions?

i.e. "Ryan Gordon has shown us many times his poor coding traits..."
Can you post one, or more, examples (from MyBB software), and suggest ways the code could be "more professional?"
08-05-2010 04:02 PM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
RE: Ryan Gordon has put MyBB into the ground!
poor coding in the downcounter for 1.6 ...
much more in depth http://mybbcentre.ca/showthread.php?tid=4
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 06:39 PM by Technoman.)
08-05-2010 06:38 PM
TheRealDeal Offline
I'll express my true opinion Technoman, you’re an idiot.

Your ignorance is astonishing and I am shocked that you can sleep at night knowing that you do nothing but hinder the efforts of those who actually contribute to society.

Last time I checked MyBB was the best free forum software around, if you don't believe this yourself then why do you hang around? I remember one of the staff saying that 1.4 contained over 100,000 lines of code yet you seem to think that code just writes its self, I have some news, here in reality it takes thousands of hours to write the code that makes up MyBB and a quick look through the SVN commits shows that Ryan is responsible for a great majority of that work.

Further to this, the quality of the programming is directly related to the quality of the product so how can you argue that Ryan is a poor programmer yet produce a product which is among the best in the world.

Finally on the note of programming, I haven’t seen an ounce of proof that you know a single thing about programming so how can you possibly make an assessment on the ability of someone else?

Now let’s move onto your claims that people are leaving MyBB because of Ryan, well Ryan has been with MyBB almost since they started, close to 8 years ago. Ryan was staff at MyBB before most of the plug-in developers ever even knew about MyBB so why would they all of a sudden leave now when they have not known MyBB without Ryan? If you want to know why they are leaving, it's because idiots like you don't appreciate their work.

So let’s recap: You think there is no correlation between the quality of programming and the quality of a product overall, you think Ryan's contributions are not critical to MyBB and you think that Ryan suddenly appeared causing people to start leaving. You might note that I have supported all my points above with quantifiable justification and the fact you still deny them constitutes ignorance by definition. Now you can throw whatever words around that you like and I see you have made numerous accusations of ignorance yourself but your words weigh less than air when you back them up with nothing.

As someone who has been a user and supporter of MyBB for a number of years, when I saw this thread it was the last straw. I sincerely hope you decide to move on and leave the MyBB staff - all of which actually contribute something to society - alone so we can continue to enjoy and appreciate MyBB.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 07:57 PM by TheRealDeal.)
08-05-2010 07:51 PM
Lich_king2 Offline
8 years? Sorry sir but you are liar. Also someone is programming since he had 10 years? Yeah right... Learn to lie better. http://ryangordon.net/about/. Also from now on your points are invalid and anything you say should be taken with grain of salt.

It's time for ZeuBB!Tux
Nota Bene: If people want to be successful they need to help each other.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 08:11 PM by Lich_king2.)
08-05-2010 08:11 PM
TheRealDeal Offline
(08-05-2010 08:11 PM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  8 years? Sorry sir but you are liar. Also someone is programming since he had 10 years? Yeah right... Learn to lie better. http://ryangordon.net/about/. Also from now on your points are invalid and anything you say should be taken with grain of salt.

MyBB was started in 2002, so yes 8 years and Ryan has been with MyBB since 1.1.2 (since when there have been over 35 releases) so I do stand by my statement that Ryan has been with MyBB since practically the beginning.

Put down your pitch fork and start applying some actual sense to the situation.

Please publicly say right now that Ryan is not an asset to the MyBB team because if you do I can prove simply using this link  that you are wrong and by your logic I can then render anything further you say invalid. Your ability to debate is as bad as Technomans...
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 08:42 PM by TheRealDeal.)
08-05-2010 08:35 PM
Lich_king2 Offline
Lead Developer
MyBB Group

(Computer Software industry)

2006 — 2010 (4 years )
I don't count if someone was member of the community from 2002. Only if he does something. Also learn your facts a little better. There is not much sense really. MyBB is just a shadow of what it was before he came. I can bet in large sum of money that if I had MyBB management for 1 month in my hands that the software would get actually widely known and could get sponsors like phpBB. That isn't the problem at all. But there isn't will for a change. O boo hoo it would hurt money milking developers and labrroca fanatics. Like if care about them. The first rule of successful business is: There can't be friendship. If you say you are gonna do something you stay on that same line. This conversion is more suitable for MSN.
And personally I won't rest until I fork MyBB.

It's time for ZeuBB!Tux
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 11:43 PM by Lich_king2.)
08-05-2010 09:02 PM
TheRealDeal Offline
(08-05-2010 09:02 PM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  MyBB is just a shadow of what it was before he came.
This is what MyBB was before Ryan came.

(08-05-2010 09:02 PM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  could get sponsors like phpBB.
What does money have to do with this? You are saying that Ryan is a poor developer, this has absolutely nothing to do with the financial circumstances of MyBB.

(08-05-2010 09:02 PM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  And personally I won't rest until I fork MyBB.
Stop arguing with me then and start putting your money where your mouth is. We will see how long it is until you have 3.8 million users. I am sure Technoman can help you.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 09:15 PM by TheRealDeal.)
08-05-2010 09:12 PM
Lich_king2 Offline
First, I'm not gonna argue with obvious troll. Second, those 3.8 million users aren't a result. Next time please post a valid and confirmed things before you make statement about anything. Also I'm not idiot to recruit the next Ryan Gordon on my team. I have experience in software management and I'm MSDN member. Third, sponsors are looking with people that can cooperate and there won't invest in something that has, be it a member or developer that thinks he is god. Also if I want plugins and code done I will rather hire someone or look for long time than allowing people to write half code paid plugins vulnerable to XSS and SQL injections. Everything which I manage needs to achieve a high rating before even being put in the alpha stage. Instead defending your heroes go and manage your forum instead loosing time arguing with me. I have high standards and expectations and I'm not gonna let some kids and others to ruin my development. XenForo is example of what can be high quality. Some people are like modern Neron. It would rather have it burned than bad.

It's time for ZeuBB!Tux
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2010 12:50 AM by Lich_king2.)
08-05-2010 11:58 PM
exdiogene Offline
I have to agree with Lich_king2 here, as the fact that the value of a person is absolutely not related to the time he is involved somewere, the salary he gets from it or the knowledge that his position is supposed to need.

Because if all these informations were the most important ones it would mean that Steven Harper is the most intelligent, efficient administrator of a country as well as Fidel Castro was!

There are multiple issues important here, and the most important one is to know if for the wellfare of MyBB the personality and knowledge of Ryan Gordon are enough?

Unfortunately i must say NO for having tried to communicate with him many times this year, trying always to find solutions together to increase the quality of the  public look on MyBB and each time i got the response of an arrogant God like person telling me to simply go away and leave them alone. Even if i was in contact with another member of the staff he get involved, quite arrogantly each time.

This person have no manners at all, is unprofessionnal, do not care about anyone else opinion even if the opinion is founded and helping the community. I would not be shy to post any Private Message exchange with him but i am quite sure he would not be happy if i show someone else the kind of response i got from him...

If we forget a bit about "bad administration" and get to the coding abilities, i must say that most of my students were believing that they were the best coders in the world in my many years of teaching. But even if pride and narcicism could be healthy with moderation to get a great carreer, it do not suit well in a volunteers project were many people have to work together for a greater good.

Since last year i was crossing the path from time to time with other coders who really disliked Ryan Gordon and i did not knew why, until recently...

Maybe he is now the working force behind the MyBB project and without him the project will probabbly continue to go down the drain. But The project would certainly not grow up with him at the top of the ladder. As a software developper having over 40 years of experience in programming with MANY languages and protocols i can tell you that even if MyBB application is a nice one with interesting features, it is lacking insight on many angles. It is almost always having bugs(not important to the developpers and mostly for Mr. Gordon himself) and have become like Microsoft Windows releases were the community are the ones debugging the application. But MyBB is not as complex as Windows from a very large margin, I know because i have been a developper for this platform for quite a while, and MyBB do not have the commercial pressure to compete with other similar products in a restricted time frame.

So, if MyBB is a open-source product, done by volunteers, why would there be any obligation to deliver a not enough tested product for years? Why would the community have to constantly pressure the staff to have bugs resolved? Why would other developpers be badly received by those volunteer developpers if they have something to offer? I can tell you that the problem is mostly because the product is free and no one cares enough to invest more in it, staff people pride is even more important as for almost all young adults! But they are expecting investors to come in and give them money for their efforts! They must be crazy, hoping that not taking this product more seriously themself, they would expect mature investors to do it!

Anyway, i can tell you that there is many flaws in MyBB, some of them were present for years and they never got corrected. The fact that MyBB is just a little more than 100,000 lines of code is not impressive to me at all. I have done new applications with next to twice this amount all by myself, so how is it impressive to see someone bragging about having done only part of these lines having a team of coders with him...

In conclusion, MyBB would be a success if it was really based on a team work, starting with the staff together and the whole community included. I could mention high staff people telling me about the lack of good and productive communication between the staff and management itself! How can you achieve something proper in these conditions? Is it an excuse to not communicate with people having good ideas to help the community because they are not part of the staff? Absolutely not!

So MyBB is becoming a more and more sterile organisation, were many will leave the boat one after the other and after a while the pseudo-leaders would leave telling everyone that it was not their fault!

I saw that so many time throught the years, but was hoping to get someone serious at MyBB having the courage to face the problems with some external help given with open heart and good intentions. But finally i saw that i was losing my time...

Even if some people would look at this post as a negative and a personal wrath agains one person, they should look at it in a different perspective as someone tired to try, with the retricted means put in place by the staff, to help a community burning bridges around them...

Sincerely,

Exdiogene.
08-06-2010 02:29 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools