Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 Changing The Way MyBB Does Threads
Eric J. Offline
Changing The Way MyBB Does Threads
So, I have a pretty ambitious project I'm working on and Xthreads seems to be the only option. I'll try to explain it in as much detail as I can, and hopefully I can combine some already existing tutorials to get most of it done.

So first off, I want the index page to be a list of threads from a certain section (The forum will only have one section). I'd prefer if they could be ordered by either view count or reply count. It would be nice if each thread could have a custom class, for example class="fid1" so that I can style them on a per thread basis.

This will be a very barebones layout, simple information, users won't be able to post threads, only reply to them. They won't be able to PM, the control panel will be mostly stripped. But if I can get what I listed before, that would be a big step in the right direction.

I'd probably be better off with a different software, but I'm extremely comfortable in the MyBB ACP, and the topic of the site is MyBB so I'd love to be able to get this done with XThreads.

I have some other stuff to ask, but I'll stick with this for now.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 12:06 PM by Eric J..)
01-04-2013 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Changing The Way MyBB Does Threads - Eric J. - 01-04-2013 12:06 PM

Standard Tools