Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 Changing The Way MyBB Does Threads
Eric J. Offline
RE: Changing The Way MyBB Does Threads
(01-05-2013 05:28 AM)Sama34 Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 02:08 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  The only place where XThreads would be relevant would be with styling threads, which is rather trivial to do, as shown in http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25

Maybe not even there if he doesn't care about editing styles from the end-view and is comfortable doing it directly from the css panel in the ACP.

@OP, You can currently do something like (forumdisplay_thread* templates):

HTML Code
class="thread_{$thread['tid']}"

Code:
*[class*='thread_'] {
/*to all threads*/
}

.thread_1 {
/* self explanatory, I think.*/
}

* There is not css tag xD

(01-04-2013 12:06 PM)Eric J. Wrote:  So first off, I want the index page to be a list of threads from a certain section (The forum will only have one section).[/b]

Should be easy to rename the forumdisplay.php file to index.php and make the core edits to force the FID in it? Then you edit the forumdisplay templates as you normally will.

You may need some htaccess redirection (or core edits) from forumdisplay.php to index.php too.

I was really hoping to avoid hacks (changing forumdisplay.php to index.php) in completing this, just so I don't have random bugs. xD But thanks for the help, I'll definitely update this once I've started getting stuff done with it.

Also did RateU(?) ever get ckeditor working fully as a replacement for the MyBB editor? I would LOVE to have that.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 07:46 AM by Eric J..)
01-05-2013 06:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing The Way MyBB Does Threads - Eric J. - 01-05-2013 06:11 AM

Standard Tools