Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 X-Threads Capability Vs. Plugin Capability
MasterZuFu Offline
X-Threads Capability Vs. Plugin Capability
I see the vastness of what X-Threads can do by itself as a plugin and then with a couple of code edits it just goes into a whole new world, but I've seen some responses where you've said "I don't think X-Threads can do that, you may need a plugin." So, my question is, what's the difference between the capabilities of X-Threads and a Plugin? What is it exactly that X-Threads can't do that would require a plugin and is there a future release of X-Threads that intends to bypass this in some way to give X-Threads even more power over the MyBB system?

For example, I've seen some plugins that let you edit the files of other plugins, etc. etc., why not edit X-Threads to be the Plugin that can modulize plugins within itself? Like, take a plugin, and make it part of X-threads?

Of course I don't mean just take someone else's plugin and import it into X-Threads, what I mean though is give X-Threads plugin capabiity that has like a secondary module (like the Custom Thread Fields module) that you can do something similar, but add "thread fields" that are plugin-enhanced, that are capable of acting like plugins and being able to be tied then into the X-Threads fields. This way when you go through trying to do this or that in X-Threads and find something that X-Threads isn't able to do, you can use that secondary module to tie into the plugin system and utilize what you need directly from X-Threads.

Is something like this possible? I would be SIMPLY FREAKING AMAZED if it is and if you guys could work on that then X-Threads would for sure be the only plugin I'd ever want or need. Currently I have a lot of plugins installed to do various things here and there, but I'd rather not have them installed. I wish I could do all of these things through something simple like X-Threads and not have to worry about security issues etc. etc.

12-17-2010 03:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
X-Threads Capability Vs. Plugin Capability - MasterZuFu - 12-17-2010 03:35 AM

Standard Tools