Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 X-Threads Capability Vs. Plugin Capability
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: X-Threads Capability Vs. Plugin Capability
I don't think your idea is possible.  Sandboxing kills interactability.  Besides, if there was some magical way to stop exploits, it would make sense to have this in the MyBB core rather than this plugin.  I doubt PHP even has much of an ability to do this.

And emulation is simply infeasible.  If you've played with console emulators, I'm sure you'll know.  As an example, a 3MHz SNES console can require an absurd amount of computing power to emulate, using a low level emulator like bsnes (the recommended requirements are a Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Phenom class CPU).  And this is with a compiled language BTW.  A purely interpreted language like PHP is going to be far slower.

(12-17-2010 12:34 PM)MasterZuFu Wrote:  When I was setting up the article gallery application on my forum I realized I had almost fifteen different forums that would be using this. It was very tedious and annoying having to go to each individual forum and do the same....exact....thing over and over again until I finally finished them all (same thing with these templates, why can't we find some way to make it where we could use one template for all forums and just tie the forms into them via the custom thread fields?
If they're very similar, you shouldn't need to.  Thread fields can be applied to multiple forums.  Forums can use the same template prefix, and you can specify multiple prefixes so that they mostly use the same templates.

(12-17-2010 12:34 PM)MasterZuFu Wrote:  The biggest problem is that some settings differ for each forum and unless they're the same you have no choice but to make a new template all over again and edit it....isn't there a way to make some kind of if/then statement in the templates that allows the template to be multi-functional with the custom thread fields? just a thought Tongue).
Template Conditionals

My Blog
12-17-2010 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: X-Threads Capability Vs. Plugin Capability - ZiNgA BuRgA - 12-17-2010 01:29 PM

Standard Tools