Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 can xthreads be used to make an advanced gallery?
Shemo Offline
RE: can xthreads be used to make an advanced gallery?
(08-11-2011 05:04 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(08-11-2011 04:27 PM)Shemo Wrote:  1) is it possible for a photo to be added when you reply to your own original post.  for example, since this isn't a pure photo gallery, I was thinking that if a user created a new thread called "guitars" and wanted to keep all their guitar photos within that thread, they could reply to their own thread with a new image.  when checking out your demo board, I did not see the ability to do that; just on the original post.
I think you need to rethink your design.  The above suggestion simply wouldn't work.
If you want "sub-albums", it may be possible to some extent with filters, but they would have to be either fixed across everyone (same categories for everyone) or users could specify their own categories, but there's no default functionality to show all the categories they've created.

(08-11-2011 04:27 PM)Shemo Wrote:  2) can we enable the breadcrumb and have it point to the newly created URL's that xthreads creates?
XThreads won't add filtered arguments to the breadcrumb.  You can make a custom breadcrumb template however, which achieves that.

I guess that's why I wasn't sure if xthreads would be able to accomplish what I was fully looking for.  maybe rateu can pull some magic out of his bag and amaze us both, again....

I wish vbgamer would code his pro gallery because I'd be willing to pay for it.

zinga, have you thought about building a photo gallery plugin and maybe charging a few bucks for it?
08-11-2011 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: can xthreads be used to make an advanced gallery? - Shemo - 08-11-2011 06:46 PM

Standard Tools