Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 Forum to Forum downloads?
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: Forum to Forum downloads?
I think its a site similar to mine as far as downloads etc is concerned - I have a forum where all members can upload and then I have categories inside it. I have some uploaders who have their own forums on my board and they upload as moderators - I have a general area where members can upload. As I decided to use XThreads Categories in the upload forums (same fields in all) then I do the split using XThreads in a forum. It's a bit of a pain as there is no alert from MYBB outside ACP that there are threads awaiting approval. I just go check the board for unapproved posts everyday. But I am the admin.

I have some friends who also use mybb as their upload site and they split the categories as forums - so they have users upload and then they moderate the thread (basically checking it is a real thing before releasing into the downloads area) and approve.

My pals got round it by having the uploaders upload to one forum and then going to the forum and checking for unapproved posts. Once approved they move the thread and the "move" pm is the approval PM so an uploader knows their item is live o the board. Its still manual though, and without the alert for posts awaiting approval having something moved to another forum automatically is going to be a bigger pain if you intend to have an approval process.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
10-17-2011 07:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forum to Forum downloads? - leefish - 10-17-2011, 04:02 PM
RE: Forum to Forum downloads? - leefish - 10-17-2011 07:57 PM
RE: Forum to Forum downloads? - RateU - 10-18-2011, 06:26 AM
RE: Forum to Forum downloads? - RateU - 10-18-2011, 07:16 AM
RE: Forum to Forum downloads? - RateU - 10-18-2011, 07:22 AM
RE: Forum to Forum downloads? - RateU - 10-18-2011, 07:41 AM
RE: Forum to Forum downloads? - leefish - 10-18-2011, 11:51 PM

Standard Tools