Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 Multiple languages [need help]
XTfan Offline
Multiple languages [need help]
From my understanding, MyBB does support multiple languages but only when using ONE at a time.

I want to have a section in English and one in a different language. I'm primarily interested in the user seeing the posting options in that other language, not really concerned about the translation spanning beyond that.

Below is what I did:

Using XThreads I was able to get the foreign language files and use the language conditional to get it to display the content in the other language which worked great. For those of you who are unaware of how to do this, you simply download the language pack and then manually add the language prefix to the language files that you need if you're looking for a quick solution like what I did. So for German, add de_forumdisplay.php etc. then define de_ as your conditional.

If you know of a better implementation and are willing to share, I'm all ears but this seemed to work fine for my purposes.

My problem:
I can't figure out how to change the New Thread button to other language as the workaround above only addresses text, not images. I did a search in the language translation files and don't really see where this is defined.

Would appreciate some help with this.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 04:14 PM by XTfan.)
11-15-2011 04:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Multiple languages [need help] - XTfan - 11-15-2011 04:14 PM
RE: Multiple languages [need help] - XTfan - 11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
RE: Multiple languages [need help] - XTfan - 11-18-2011, 11:44 AM

Standard Tools