Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 How to format 'Product Review' text box font ?
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: How to format 'Product Review' text box font ?
(12-25-2011 04:48 PM)akm Wrote:  Btw, the only way I have been able to do any searching for 'characters' in files is to download the files from the server to my PC and use Wdos Search... is there possibly a better way to do such searching ?
FileZilla only searches for words in titles.
Have a local copy (eg extract MyBB on your computer, or just use FileZilla to download all forum files to your computer) and use something that can search in files.  I personally use Notepad++'s 'find in files' feature.
I'm assuming you're talking about the .php files, not templates.

As an example, for {$extra_threadfields} you'd search for $extra_threadfields (that is, without the braces).  This particular variable is relatively easy to find (meaning that others may give you more grief) - if you do a search, you should end up with around 3 matching files:
- one is a language file - this can be ignored
- another is the xt_install.php file - as its name implies, this is only for plugin installation, and can thus be ignored in this case
- which leaves one file left, inc/xthreads/xt_updatehooks.php

Unfortunately, you really need PHP knowledge to really go any further, though I guess you could take punts on what's happening 'under the hood'.
In the case of {$modoptions} on newreply, it's just derived off the newreply_modoptions template.  Just FYI, the following line in newthread.php is responsible for this:

PHP Code:
eval("\$modoptions = \"".$templates->get("newreply_modoptions")."\";");

(12-25-2011 04:48 PM)akm Wrote:  Ps:  Next challenge is going to be how to add drop-down lists in the textboxes.  Any easy way/source for how to do that ?
Straight drop down lists is basic HTML.  If you're trying to get 'comboboxes' (hybrid text/list box), there is no standard web control for this, and I'd personally just recommend not bothering.  If you must however, it'll require some complex Javascript to achieve (or maybe you can find someone who's already made such a thing).

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2011 06:11 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
12-25-2011 06:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to format 'Product Review' text box font ? - ZiNgA BuRgA - 12-25-2011 06:09 PM

Standard Tools