Shoult style sheets be attached to the master style?
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Shoult style sheets be attached to the master style?
You shouldn't need to loop through all themes if you're adding it to the master theme.  You'll probably have to go through all themes without a parent (ie pid=0) and add the stylesheet there, then loop through all themes and update the stylesheet list to include yours.

If you update global.css, you would have to loop through all themes, then handle the case that the user could add new themes, which won't contain your modification.
Perhaps MyBB's weakest point in their theme and template system is that there's no really good way to manage these deltas between possible plugin and theme modifications.

Alternatives:
- include the CSS file separate from the MyBB themes system - I'd personally do this, then in the readme leave it up to the user if they want different styles for different themes
- chuck CSS into templates

(08-21-2012 12:43 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  now what about those who already installed this, I hate upgrade scripts No
So you've told users to already stick CSS in there?

(08-21-2012 12:43 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  The support team should be able to answer this kind of questions, or at least pretend/try to do so, IMO. It is very frustrating to be bumping your threads to the top for days to notice they don't.
I don't know...  I prefer no information over misinformation.

My Blog
08-21-2012 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shoult style sheets be attached to the master style? - ZiNgA BuRgA - 08-21-2012 01:12 PM

Standard Tools