How to make pm automatically?
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: How to make pm automatically?
(12-02-2012 04:16 AM)tony Wrote:  I would like for the pm to be sent automatically as soon as an user is a member at my forum for one year. No task or any other criteria such when they log in or anything.
That isn't a trigger, that's a condition.  There is no such trigger as "user is a member for one year".

A triggered action requires three things:
- triggers
- conditions
- actions

You've given a condition (member registration date is at least one year in the past and PM has not previously been sent) and an action (send PM and indicate not to send the PM again), but you haven't given a trigger to cause this event to occur.
If you actually intend to code this, this is a basic concept you need to be very well aware of.

(12-02-2012 04:16 AM)tony Wrote:  That the code above does not have it? And what hook should I use?
If you don't understand the basic concepts of triggers, don't even bother trying to think about hooks because it's not going to make sense.
A trigger is an activation of an action in response to some external influence.  A user visiting a page is an example of an external influence.

Of course, if you're really just asking someone to make this modification for you, we won't help you.  Neither will we hand hold you with PHP etc - that's obviously a required knowledge for coding it in the first place.

My Blog
12-02-2012 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How to make pm automatically? - tony - 11-30-2012, 06:20 AM
RE: How to make pm automatically? - tony - 12-02-2012, 04:16 AM
RE: How to make pm automatically? - tony - 12-02-2012, 04:17 AM
RE: How to make pm automatically? - ZiNgA BuRgA - 12-02-2012 09:19 AM
RE: How to make pm automatically? - tony - 12-03-2012, 06:27 AM

Standard Tools