A little advice on thread posting please!
Pinky Offline
A little advice on thread posting please!
And I bet you thought I was going ask about what I should say in a thread posting !!

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this kind of thing but it seems a few other people are asking questions as well so here goes.

I would like to be able to create a new thread (and first post) from outside myBB.

I am working on a "portal" of sorts for some friends that play an MMORPG and I chose Wordpress as the medium for getting information across and then found a plugin by Zingiri that included myBB as forum software.  What I want to achieve is creating a form that someone can fill in that will post a new thread on the forums without having to actually create an account.  The person using this form will not need to see the thread.

I have created a user in myBB that I would want the thread created under.  From what I can see, all I need to do is create a new row in the mybb_threads table, collect the 'tid' field and then create a new row in the mybb_posts table.

This sounds a little "brute force" to me but although I can write PHP for my own needs, I am not advanced enough to understand and read my way through the myBB files to understand a better way of doing it.

I will do all the appropriate form validation using javascript and PHP so this is not a problem for creating the data for the post.

Any help and or advice would be appreciated.
Pinky
06-12-2010 10:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
A little advice on thread posting please! - Pinky - 06-12-2010 10:07 AM

Standard Tools