Ryan Gordon has put MyBB into the ground!
TheRealDeal Offline
RE: Ryan Gordon has put MyBB into the ground!
I'll express my true opinion Technoman, you’re an idiot.

Your ignorance is astonishing and I am shocked that you can sleep at night knowing that you do nothing but hinder the efforts of those who actually contribute to society.

Last time I checked MyBB was the best free forum software around, if you don't believe this yourself then why do you hang around? I remember one of the staff saying that 1.4 contained over 100,000 lines of code yet you seem to think that code just writes its self, I have some news, here in reality it takes thousands of hours to write the code that makes up MyBB and a quick look through the SVN commits shows that Ryan is responsible for a great majority of that work.

Further to this, the quality of the programming is directly related to the quality of the product so how can you argue that Ryan is a poor programmer yet produce a product which is among the best in the world.

Finally on the note of programming, I haven’t seen an ounce of proof that you know a single thing about programming so how can you possibly make an assessment on the ability of someone else?

Now let’s move onto your claims that people are leaving MyBB because of Ryan, well Ryan has been with MyBB almost since they started, close to 8 years ago. Ryan was staff at MyBB before most of the plug-in developers ever even knew about MyBB so why would they all of a sudden leave now when they have not known MyBB without Ryan? If you want to know why they are leaving, it's because idiots like you don't appreciate their work.

So let’s recap: You think there is no correlation between the quality of programming and the quality of a product overall, you think Ryan's contributions are not critical to MyBB and you think that Ryan suddenly appeared causing people to start leaving. You might note that I have supported all my points above with quantifiable justification and the fact you still deny them constitutes ignorance by definition. Now you can throw whatever words around that you like and I see you have made numerous accusations of ignorance yourself but your words weigh less than air when you back them up with nothing.

As someone who has been a user and supporter of MyBB for a number of years, when I saw this thread it was the last straw. I sincerely hope you decide to move on and leave the MyBB staff - all of which actually contribute something to society - alone so we can continue to enjoy and appreciate MyBB.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 07:57 PM by TheRealDeal.)
08-05-2010 07:51 PM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
...useful suggestions? - Firefox Wins - 08-05-2010, 04:02 PM
RE: Ryan Gordon has put MyBB into the ground! - TheRealDeal - 08-05-2010 07:51 PM
MyBB is the BEST... - Firefox Wins - 08-06-2010, 08:13 AM

Standard Tools