Link ID To Custom Profile Fields/Custom Edit Pages
Niki Offline
Link ID To Custom Profile Fields/Custom Edit Pages
You seem like just the right people to ask.

I've been searching EVERYWHERE how to do this but alas I can't find anything to help me.

I'm trying to figure out how to add an ID number to a custom profile fields name in the usercp as well as the modcp so that eventually I can make links up at the top of those pages where people can click the link and it jumps down to that profile field so that can easily find it.

I'm thinking this will require some sort of core edit but for example I have added this to the top of my Mod CP in hopes that it would start something:

PHP Code:
<a href="#find_me_{$customfields['fid31']}">Bio</a>

However, I need to be able to add the find me as an ID on the custom fields but I don't see a template for it anywhere:

PHP Code:
id="find_me_{$customfields['fid']}"

Would this be possible?

ORRRRRR

Would it be possible to create my OWN custom edit profile/mod cp profile editor pages?

Like adding something along these lines in for specific custom fields:

PHP Code:
{$customfields['fid31']}

^ Doing the above gave me this error so apparently the above isn't possible but maybe I'm using the wrong variable:

Code:
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'fid31' - Line: 16 - File: modcp.php(3202) : eval()'d code PHP 5.4.45 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/modcp.php(3202) : eval()'d code	16	errorHandler->error
/modcp.php	3202	eval

<i><b>Special Note:</b> I do have Template Conditionals plugin installed, so if this can be done by utilizing that plugin, that'd be wonderful!</i>

02-02-2017 10:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Link ID To Custom Profile Fields/Custom Edit Pages - Niki - 02-02-2017 10:44 AM

Standard Tools