Stupid stupid registration question
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Stupid stupid registration question
(01-13-2011 03:29 PM)Banalyst Wrote:  I just made a few pairings and all my attempts succeeded.
Also we have statistics showing that the rate of failures in pairing solvings is low.
Do you match by color matching as it is written in instructions after overing over question mark?
I didn't read.  I really don't think this sort of thing should require reading, and I certainly wouldn't expect it from my users.
I got the assemble geometric shapes puzzle, and from the image in the corner, it looks like all I have to do is assemble one of them, not every single piece.

I would suspect your collected statistics, at this point, do not reflect the general internet population.

(01-13-2011 03:29 PM)Banalyst Wrote:  Note it is just one of the possible types which has less than a month and it can be changed by other type in a month while someone will be thinking how to solve it.
Yes that is possible.  But it also means re-educating users to new puzzles.
It may be exciting to keep developing new puzzle types, but I doubt all of them will be friendly to end users.
What if there's a bug?  Constant change = constant risk.

(01-13-2011 03:29 PM)Banalyst Wrote:  Are you implying that spamming is not detectable? Then, why to bother?
No, I didn't say that.
What I am implying is that not all spam is detectable.

I don't care about the "stupid bots" here.  Essentially, I think your system is good enough to fend those off, just as a well designed CAPTCHA system probably is too, so I'm not debating over them.
It's the "smarter bots" that matter here, where these types of protection systems differentiate themselves.  If you're claiming your system is better than existing CAPTCHA systems, you need to really show that it is above and beyond existing systems, otherwise there's not much point.

(01-13-2011 03:29 PM)Banalyst Wrote:  Do you know any service that would change their captcha after it is cracked?
When this "cracking" is essentially a client side thing, I doubt you'll know if and when it's cracked.
Short of you guys actually finding a tool to do so.

Anyway, I don't really want to go there.  I can't predict how good your changes will be, how timely they'll be, or whether they end up breaking anything - that's beside the point, but the only thing I can point out is the efficiency of current puzzles.

(01-13-2011 03:29 PM)Banalyst Wrote:  We do not have to we shall receive this info anyway when  and how KeyCAPTCHA was broken from our customers requests to our support
I think most of your customers will be more clueless than your own team...
You'll probably end up getting a bunch of "fake" claims from people who are being targeted by Indian spammers or other systems which use humans to solve these puzzles.
But I guess that's one way of doing things, and seems a lot more efficient than manually trying to monitor trends.

(01-13-2011 03:29 PM)Banalyst Wrote:  The costs of changing a captcha does not depend on number of users. They are all on our KeyCAPTCHA  servers.
When we change captcha the customers that already installed it do not need to reinstall it.
I was referring to the costs of manual observation, which you've said you actually don't do (despite what it sounded like earlier), so it's moot point now.

(01-13-2011 03:29 PM)Banalyst Wrote:  currently, they are "All", "Pairs of objects", "Puzzle) in "CAPTCHA type" dropdown list.
Wait a sec...  if the user select one type of CAPTCHA, forgets it, and that particular type is cracked, how do you respond?  Change their selected type for them?

(01-13-2011 03:29 PM)Banalyst Wrote:  Can you give me any examples of widely spread or even any  captcha service that has changed its type of captcha or permits its change on the fly (for customers who already had it installed)?
reCAPTCHA.  They don't change it because they don't need to.  But as it's hosted remotely, the capability is certainly there.

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2011 07:18 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
01-13-2011 07:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stupid stupid registration question - ZiNgA BuRgA - 01-13-2011 07:16 PM

Standard Tools