Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
 Product Review
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Product Review
Try setting those images as your avatar - do they all successfully work?

My Blog
03-01-2015 05:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
adsol93 Offline
(02-28-2015 11:53 PM)jason07 Wrote:  
(02-23-2015 05:10 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(02-18-2015 11:28 PM)jason07 Wrote:  When i try to upload image in a new post, it loads and comes back to the same page.

[...]

Note: It accepts only certain type of jpg images not all. Frown
So, does this issue only occur with certain types of JPEGs?  What do you mean by "accept"?
There may be JPEG variations that are unsupported - you'll need to check whether GD supports the particular JPEG.

Lets say i go to google image search and i find the desired images in first 5 results (all are with .jpg extension). I tried to use 1.jpg to the post, it reloads and come back to same page. So i try 2.jpg, 3.jpg... and last i try 5.jpg to the post, it uploads the image and takes me to posted thread.

Here all are .jpg extensions but it uploaded one of the 5 jpg file.

I have the same issue in 1.8.4.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2015 11:51 AM by adsol93.)
05-07-2015 11:50 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
See post above yours.

My Blog
05-07-2015 01:42 PM
adsol93 Offline
(03-01-2015 05:20 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Try setting those images as your avatar - do they all successfully work?

Yeap, they work as avatar but when I try to upload them from the custom thread field - I just can't.

As the other guy said, when I submit an image and I try to post the thread it just takes me back to the thread that I just tried to publish, without any warning or errors and the image isn't there.

Edit: When I add the picture field as required it says: Value for "Item Image" is required and yes, I use an image. I tried both png, jpg, jpeg but not gif.

Solved: You need to create a directory called xthreads_ul in your /uploads folder and set the permissions of the new directory to 777.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2015 05:54 AM by adsol93.)
05-07-2015 10:37 PM
beartest Offline
Hi, I have a query.

I want to know if I can use Xthreads for reviewing an item by users.

For example, I make a thread which has a product and its description. The thing is, I dont want users creating the products to be reviewed.

Only I can create a thread using Xthreads for a product to be reviewed.
The users can only rate and comment.

In short, I want a product testimonial and rating functionality using this.

I am aware that there is a testimonials thread functionality too, but it has no product review and rating functionality too.

I am looking to make  a thread with a product entered by me ( description and everything else being entered by me)

Users should be able to comment and rate the product.

Kindly help.
06-27-2015 11:52 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Apart from the MyBB thread rating, XThreads doesn't support anything of the kind.  User reviews would be more of a post thing, i.e. "replies" (posts) to a product "thread" with ratings/comments etc.  However XThreads only targets threads, not posts.

My Blog
06-28-2015 01:22 PM
beartest Offline
(06-28-2015 01:22 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Apart from the MyBB thread rating, XThreads doesn't support anything of the kind.  User reviews would be more of a post thing, i.e. "replies" (posts) to a product "thread" with ratings/comments etc.  However XThreads only targets threads, not posts.
I was looking for aggregate reviews to a thread ( if thread name is being seen as a product)

Code:
<div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/AggregateRating" style="display:none !important;">
        <div>
            <span itemprop="itemReviewed">{$thread['subject']}</span>
            <span itemprop="ratingValue">{$thread['averagerating']}</span>
            <span itemprop="ratingCount">{$thread['numratings']}</span>
        </div>
    </div>

it provides this result when being tested in google's rich snippet testing tool ( (aggregate user reviews being the rich snippet that is present in this test)

Code:
ratingValue:	5
ratingCount:	1
itemReviewed [Thing]: 
name:

(name has the thread name )
(enclosed it in code tags so it can be seen apart.)

Code:
itemReviewed is missing

is the error that ie being received on testing with google's rich snippet testing tool.
I have put this code in "showthread_ratethread" template of a default mybb installation with Xthreads not being installed.

Code:
<div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/AggregateRating" style="display:none !important;">
        <div>
        </div>
    </div>

In the default mybb installation

If I put some similar code in the templates that are required to be added while installing Xthreads for Product review forum

(http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=305)

which template should i put a similar code like above so that I can achieve something like aggregate reviews of a product being displayed.

Code:
Template Name: pf_showthread_ratethread

will putting some extra code like above in this template would achieve desired results?

Since using Xthreads , pfname can be seen as product name while the thread subject is seen as product description.

Kindly advise.

which template should I make the edit?

i understand I will have to put this code in the template

Code:
        <div>
        </div>
    </div>

Should I put

Code:
['threadfields']['pfname']

in the itemReviwed field instead of {$thread['subject']}

Kindly advise.

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2015 12:28 PM by beartest.)
06-29-2015 12:24 PM
Marisa Offline
Seems that the image thumbnail generation part of this tutorial doesn't work in PHP 7.0 /w ImageMagick compiled from source.

Quote:88x66|160x120|320x240=scale_max(320,240)->copy(newXTImg()->scale(120,90),-2,-2)

Has scale() been removed or depreciated?

PHP Code:
2016/03/10 14:25:12 [error] 13935#13935: *3 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function scale() on boolean in /var/www/cache/xt$
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/inc/xthreads/xt_upload.php(351): xthreads_imgthumb_pfpic('320x240', Object(XTImageTransform))
#1 /var/www/inc/xthreads/xt_upload.php(296): xthreads_build_thumbnail(Array, '1', 'pfpic', './uploads/xthre...', './uploads/xthre...', 'ts_1457/', Array)
#2 /var/www/inc/xthreads/xt_upload.php(9): do_upload_xtattachment(Array, Array, 1, 0)
#3 /var/www/inc/xthreads/xt_updatehooks.php(1021): upload_xtattachment('https://i.imgur...', Array, '1', 1, NULL)
#4 /var/www/inc/xthreads/xt_updatehooks.php(848): xthreads_upload_attachments()
#5 /var/www/inc/plugins/xthreads.php(457): xthreads_upload_attachments_global()
#6 /var/www/inc/class_plugins.php(139): xthreads_handle_uploads('')
#7 /var/www/global.php(1082): pluginSystem->run_hooks(Array)
#8 /var/www/newthread.php(22): require_once('/var/www/global...')
#9 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/cache/xthreads_evalcache" while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: localhost, request: "POST /newthread.php?fid=4&processed=1 HTT$

03-11-2016 07:02 PM
habbla Offline
First let me say Thank You for this great Plugin and the lots of work for this!
2nd, pleas excuse my bad english! I will do my very best for you people understanding me!

And now, pleas let me ask tow questions! I hope I don't waste your time with this.

I installed the plugin and implemeted the Produkt Review Example.
This now works well as I want with the "default" Theme from myBB.
For my own Theme everything working ecxept "New Article"!
If I want create a new article with my own theme applied, I just see the Message Input, not the fields from xthread. How can I change this?

My second question: The Review had a field for "Rating". How can I have more fields like "Rating" with the same functionality?

I would be perfect if I could have 7 more Rating fields, each with its own average!

Greetings
habbla
03-12-2016 01:14 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(03-11-2016 07:02 PM)Marisa Wrote:  Seems that the image thumbnail generation part of this tutorial doesn't work in PHP 7.0 /w ImageMagick compiled from source.

Quote:88x66|160x120|320x240=scale_max(320,240)->copy(newXTImg()->scale(120,90),-2,-2)

Has scale() been removed or depreciated?
newXTImg() must be followed by either ->blank or ->loadimage
But your chain doesn't make a lot of sense - I'm not sure what you're trying to do there.

(03-12-2016 01:14 AM)habbla Wrote:  I installed the plugin and implemeted the Produkt Review Example.
This now works well as I want with the "default" Theme from myBB.
For my own Theme everything working ecxept "New Article"!
If I want create a new article with my own theme applied, I just see the Message Input, not the fields from xthread. How can I change this?
This is the classic template problem with multiple themes.  You'll need to edit the templates in your theme to reflect the changes here.  Each theme is different, so you'll need to figure this out yourself.

(03-12-2016 01:14 AM)habbla Wrote:  My second question: The Review had a field for "Rating". How can I have more fields like "Rating" with the same functionality?

I would be perfect if I could have 7 more Rating fields, each with its own average!
This isn't possible as MyBB only supplies 1 rating field unfortunately.
You can create additional rating fields, but there won't be an average available for them.

My Blog
03-12-2016 08:01 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools