Poll: What do you think should be done with Bob Jansen
He should be removed from the staff
He should be promoted for his behavior
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
Edited & Updated

2 Posts got deleted with in 1 minute apart from eachother, is MyBB Staff covering there trails of the mishief behaviour happening?

Here is a site we are now talkign about it LIVE

http://mybbcentre.com/showthread.php?tid=3&pid=5#pid5
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2010 07:22 AM by Technoman.)
07-15-2010 08:51 AM
Find all posts by this user
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
If I understand correctly, I do think it's a bit beyond the staffs' roles to care about this stuff.  Removing complaints doesn't necessarily mean they're covering something up, rather, it could be that they just simply don't want that stuff discussed on the forums.

My Blog
07-15-2010 09:03 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
Everything was posted in the right section concering issues Wink

[Image: mybb002.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2010 09:13 AM by Technoman.)
07-15-2010 09:11 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I don't know what the discussion is about, but from the description, it actually refers to issues relating to the website and the community.mybb.com forums.  Thus, scams won't be dealt with, as they are not an issue of the MyBB website, neither are they an issue of the community forums.  They're an issue between the scammer and victim.

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2010 09:28 AM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
07-15-2010 09:28 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
Its NOT just a Scam,

I meant it in so many ways such as he claimed to give away a prize for a contract and other Deceitful things on MyBB.  He is part of doing business with MyBB!

However I am disappointed along with many others in the way you have to see the whole clear picture. It's not so much about MyBB as it is the principal of the whole thing BUT he is a part of the MyBB TEAM to begin with!
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2010 09:44 AM by Technoman.)
07-15-2010 09:41 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
So what exactly happened anyway?
Are you saying that Bob Jansen offered prizes for something, and then refused to cough up, and removing negative comments towards him?

My Blog
07-15-2010 10:00 AM
exdiogene Offline
If you want to see more details of the thread and poll i had created on MyBB.com and was deleted by staff, have a look here where i did an exact copy of it :

http://mybbcentre.ca/showthread.php?tid=3

You will understand a little bit more about many members frustrations on Bob Jansen.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2010 10:18 AM by exdiogene.)
07-15-2010 10:16 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
The thread is deleted or hidden.  Can't see anything.

My Blog
07-15-2010 10:34 AM
MattR Offline
(07-15-2010 08:51 AM)Technoman Wrote:  is MyBB Staff covering there trails of the mishief behaviour happening?

< Are they reading our PM's > ?????

For the love of God.

What has got you into this mentality?? Why do you think we're out to get you or something?? Why on Earth do you think we're reading your PMs?? I don't know why you think we're silencing you or covering stuff up when we unapprove things (which is exactly what these threads are, unapproved) you simply post stuff that's not fit for public discussion and should be taken up privately.

The threads and poll that were made by exdiogene and technoman were not suitable for public display. There was no need to post something like that, that is not, as you seem to think, what that forum is for. This was not an issue with the website or the forums, it was an issue with a person. As I said to you both in PMs, if you have problems with staff members, be grown up about it and PM someone properly instead of starting threads like this. People are telling us to be more mature and professional but this does not seem very mature or professional to me. If you go into a supermarket and someone stacking the shelves does something you don't like, do you go into the middle of the store, shout out what they did to everybody and demand they get fired?? No, you take the issue privately to the relevant figures of authority. Grabbing the torch and pitch forks and demanding blood is not the way to go about things.

Dennis, Ryan Loos or myself will be more than happy to listen to anything you have to say. Why else do you think I PM'd you both?? Because I had nothing else better to do?? No. I had plenty of things better to do, but I still dealt with this anyway. If we were covering stuff up we'd have hidden the threads and left it at that, but we're clearly not doing that, are we. Do you think I'm going to just ignore what you say?? No, not if you discuss it in the proper way. Also, like I've already said to you exdiogene, this comment is totally unfair:

Quote:I cannot believe that the MyBB administration is tolerating such actions from a staff person

You make it sound like every time someone does something you don't like that everyone in management has seen it, said that it's OK, and that we don't want to do anything about it, which just isn't the case. I had never seen this thread before, the thread you made was the first I'd heard of it. What was wrong with reporting it?? What was wrong with PMing someone?? No, you went straight for this thread.

This is the problem. You never give anybody a chance to explain themselves or do anything to solve problems, you just kick off straight away. I don't know why people feel the need to question every moderation action we take but often within seconds of a thread being closed or unapproved, someone's in the MyBB.com forum making a thread complaining. I truly don't understand what you don't get about this or why you have to make such a fuss over everything like this. A thread gets unapproved or closed and people shout and scream as though we've committed some crime whilst moderating our own forum. Deal with things properly and you'll be much better off.

I think some people just need to chill the hell down. Things get blown way, way out of proportion after people start ranting and raving that they're being silenced, it's no good to anybody.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2010 05:43 PM by MattR.)
07-15-2010 05:18 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(07-15-2010 05:18 PM)MattR Wrote:  If you go into a supermarket and someone stacking the shelves does something you don't like, do you go into the middle of the store, shout out what they did to everybody and demand they get fired?? No, you take the issue privately to the relevant figures of authority.
Don't want to sound smug, but actually, that's one way of sorting things out, and potentially gets around issues of bureaucracy or authoritative figures being ignorant Tongue
If that doesn't work, you can go to the media (the whole purpose of which, is to get even more people to know about it XD).
Of course, if the person complaining is unreasonable, then they're publicly shaming themselves.  On the other hand, in the case of the media, they do have an incentive to distort to get a story.  Eh, that's the way the world works.  Democracy is a fun system.

I've probably already said this, but I think your policies in unapproving everything (as well as over-use of locking) isn't the smartest idea.  What's wrong with allowing open debate?  Censorship gives a negative connotation around the place, and this thread clearly demonstrates it.

My Blog
07-15-2010 07:34 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools