Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 can xthreads be used to make an advanced gallery?
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: can xthreads be used to make an advanced gallery?
(08-11-2011 06:46 PM)Shemo Wrote:  zinga, have you thought about building a photo gallery plugin and maybe charging a few bucks for it?
I will not be doing that.

If you'd be a little more inspirational, you could try asking someone to code a modification to XThreads which does what you want.  The amount of coding will be less, and you'll be less susceptible to bugs and security vulnerabilities (that plugins such as ezGallery have).

My Blog
08-11-2011 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shemo Offline
(08-11-2011 09:06 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(08-11-2011 06:46 PM)Shemo Wrote:  zinga, have you thought about building a photo gallery plugin and maybe charging a few bucks for it?
I will not be doing that.

If you'd be a little more inspirational, you could try asking someone to code a modification to XThreads which does what you want.  The amount of coding will be less, and you'll be less susceptible to bugs and security vulnerabilities (that plugins such as ezGallery have).

good point.

do you want me to start a new thread asking this or keep it in here?

if you want it in here, would someone be willing to extend xthreads to allow it to be used as a pretty nifty photo gallery?
08-12-2011 03:47 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
If you want to plonk it on a forum, I think the community forums would give you a wider audience base.

My Blog
08-12-2011 08:25 AM
Shemo Offline
(08-12-2011 08:25 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  If you want to plonk it on a forum, I think the community forums would give you a wider audience base.

thanks, I sent a PM to someone on the community forums that writes a lot of plugins.  if he doesn't reply, I'll throw it up in the plugin request section.
08-12-2011 05:52 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools