Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 xthreads.php plugin file leaves forum in blank page
Alan11 Offline
xthreads.php plugin file leaves forum in blank page
I first uploaded this and was able to visit it in the admin CP and activate it.  Upon attempting to set up a prefix, it just refreshed the page upon submission, like what happens with the board messages and awards plugins. I can edit the last two via phpMyAdmin, but I cannot update it via the admin CP. The blank page problem occurred after xThreads. By renaming xthreads.php to 1xthreads.php, I can stop the blank page. I tried disabling other plugins individually to see if any resulted in a fix and that did not work. I am using the latest of all plugins and the myBB board. I checked if it was any problems between connecting to the database, but there was nothing wrong.
08-27-2011 07:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
RE: xthreads.php plugin file leaves forum in blank page
Does the blank pages happens on the front end of your forum too?

08-27-2011 08:05 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
What are you playing around with in phpMyAdmin?

Enable the display of PHP errors or check your error logs.  No-one can guess what the blank page indicates.

My Blog
08-27-2011 08:46 AM
Alan11 Offline
(08-27-2011 08:05 AM)RateU Wrote:  Does the blank pages happens on the front end of your forum too?

It appears in the front end and admin cp (back end).

(08-27-2011 08:46 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  What are you playing around with in phpMyAdmin?

Enable the display of PHP errors or check your error logs.  No-one can guess what the blank page indicates.

I cannot update board messages or give awards via the admin cp, so I have to update them via phpMyAdmin.

I do not see any error logs generated from the blank page.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2011 10:06 AM by Alan11.)
08-27-2011 10:02 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(08-27-2011 10:02 AM)Alan11 Wrote:  I cannot update board messages or give awards via the admin cp, so I have to update them via phpMyAdmin.
I would imagine that that signifies something isn't right...  Have you tried this on a clean install of MyBB?

Enable the display of PHP errors if you can't find the PHP error logs.

My Blog
08-27-2011 11:17 AM
Alan11 Offline
(08-27-2011 11:17 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(08-27-2011 10:02 AM)Alan11 Wrote:  I cannot update board messages or give awards via the admin cp, so I have to update them via phpMyAdmin.
I would imagine that that signifies something isn't right...  Have you tried this on a clean install of MyBB?

Enable the display of PHP errors if you can't find the PHP error logs.

I have that enabled, but no error log has been generated.

I have yet to try this on a clean install.
08-27-2011 05:50 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I meant to enable the display of PHP errors, not the logging of them.  This will probably be a PHP setting - it's NOT something you can do from within MyBB.

My Blog
08-27-2011 08:07 PM
Alan11 Offline
I though PHP errors were set to be displayed publicly by default. Usually when there's a problem with the code, I'd see the PHP error displayed, what line it was, etc. It's just that this particular problem didn't result into a PHP error being displayed or logged. I tried setting it to report PHP errors via the xthreads.php file, but that didn't help either.

Reinstalling myBB on another directory to see if xThreads works fine on its own. If so, I'll then get the other plugins in one by one. I'll edit this post if I find a plugin that causes the error to repeat.

Update: Works fine on a new forum. Tried disabling everything but xThreads on the original forum, but it still failed.

Thank God, I finally see something:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /inc/plugins/xthreads.php on line 733

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /inc/plugins/xthreads.php on line 733
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2011 08:14 AM by Alan11.)
08-28-2011 07:29 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Try to delete the cache/xthreads_evalcache.php file (backup the file first). Rebuild the cache.

08-28-2011 08:02 AM
Alan11 Offline
Alright. Check my previous post for a new update.

Darn it, so close. I saw that the file was cut off. So I re-uploaded the file and I refreshed. I was able to access the admin cp. Went to another page and it freezes up with the blank page again. I already tried running it on a new forum and I check ed the plugins. It's probably something with the forum itself, maybe a corrupt file somewhere.

"XThreads settings file successfully rewritten - version set to v1.45"

Once the cache file returns, it returns to the blank page. I tried finding ways to rebuild the cache, but no luck.

UPDATE: FINALLY, managed to deactivate xThreads. I was deleting the cache file each time it generated so I could browse the forum. I now deactivated xThreads. I'm going to see if I can uninstall and then reinstall.

UPDATE 2: Alright, I'm back to step 1. Everything's working fine now. It's installed and I can browse the admin CP and the forums. This blank page occurred after I tried creating a custom field. Is there anything I need to do or modify in the templates prior to starting with the custom fields?
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2011 08:37 AM by Alan11.)
08-28-2011 08:14 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools