Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 New to XThreads
Tribbey Offline
New to XThreads
Hello, I'm quite new to MyBB in general, migrated from phpBB, and was wondering if you guys could provide some links to get started with XThreads, I would really like to give this example a shot but I have no clue where to begin.  I've downloaded and activated XThreads in acp, so whats next?

Thanks Biggrin
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2011 09:22 PM by Tribbey.)
09-23-2011 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: New to XThreads
You pretty much follow the instructions that are given there?

If you're having trouble understanding what's said there, I really think you should familiarise yourself with MyBB more.  I generally assume people to have a certain level of competence when using my plugins.  With XThreads, I also very strongly recommend you have some knowledge of HTML/CSS coding.

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2011 10:31 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
09-23-2011 10:31 PM
Tribbey Offline
Thanks ZiNgA, for the reply and awesome mod!  I figured it out, once I familiarized myself with XThreads, I got RateU's trading mod to work in about 20min and it absolutely rocks!  I'm very happy with my decision to switch to MyBB from phpBB.  

Not sure if you'll be able to answer this but I do most of my development in Dreamweaver and can't find the template sets for a theme I downloaded.  I wan't to make a few edits but it appears everything is cached within the acp.  I have tried downloading the entire board from my server but still am unable to find templates.  Any suggestions??
09-24-2011 01:22 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I don't know if Dreamweaver will really help you there.  Templates can be found within the theme XML file - you'll have to look through to find them.

My Blog
09-24-2011 10:17 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools